Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2006 7:28:54 PM EDT
A friend of mine got these along with a used rifle he just purchased.  Does anyone know anything about them.  

The first one is a two chamber compensator with ports on the sides.  

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c346/rideandshoot/100_2705.jpg

The second one has a single expansion chamber fwd of the crown with multiple small exhaust holes on the top then there is a A2 style flash hider in front of the expnsion chamber.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c346/rideandshoot/100_2706.jpg

We were wondering if they would be worth trying.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:38:38 PM EDT
[#1]
That second one looks like a DPMS "Fabio" which I think is considered more a stabilizer for recoil and muzzle climb. Not sure what it would do as far as muzzle flash.

The first one looks familiar but can't place it.

ETA: On the first one, maybe John Masen(I think that was the name) made something like that. I'll do some googling and see what I can't turn up.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:00:23 PM EDT
[#2]
The first compensator looks very similar to the post-ban Armalite/Eagle "Miculek" style compensator. My Armalite comp had slots like that, but I don't think it had the "recess" on the top, I believe it was flat. Take a look at pics of OEM Armalite compensators and compare what you have to that...that may be a good place to start.
ETA: I am glad I can't remember that post-ban crap-comp very well. Use them as paper weights and get an A1 FH or Vortex.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:00:12 PM EDT
[#3]
The second photo is a DTA Mil-Brake, made by Fabian Bros.  They worked ok for controlling muzzle flip, but are a pain in the ass to clean....   I think that brake is circa 1986

The two chamber brake could have been made by several companies.  That 2 chamber brake works well, but will be noisy for adjacent shooters.  On a short barrel it will really get LOUD.

Lem
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:33:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top