Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/1/2006 1:39:17 AM EDT
I don't see very many Tango Down rail covers w/ switch pockets.  

I also don't see very many rails for stock handguards.

Is there something wrong with them?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:53:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I would say most people with rails have a VFG, that in turn, is the mount for the tape switch.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:38:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I don't see very many Tango Down rail covers w/ switch pockets.  

As you said, you don't see much of them, but they are around. There is nothing "wrong" with them per se, but it's all a matter of preference. When you actually look at the picture thread, I would say that the Tango Down panels, KAC panels, Magpull panels, ladder type panels are all equally as popular among the members.

I also don't see very many rails for stock handguards.

If you are talking about attaching rails at the bottom of the HG, there are a few out there. Those who want to keep their rifles in the KISS configuration. Some members do not like that type of set-up tho because of flex and movement problems.

Is there something wrong with them?

Nope.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:35:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:24:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm using a TD pocket panel on one of my ARs to hold the tape switch for a Surefire and it's working fine so far. The only caveat is that you cannot trim the panel because the pocket sits right on the end of the panel. That's really not a big deal but you just need to know that the panel will have to remain intact.

I've been through the VFG phase so now I'm shooting without them. However, I still want to be able to attach a light or bipod easily and a rail system is the only way to do that reliabily.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:24:42 AM EDT
[#5]
If you want a tape switch mounted on your rail cover, the Tango Down is the best on the market.

They fit the OTAL tape switches flush and perfectly, and the standard IT PEQ/PAQ tapeswitches (as shown) fit great too!

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:42:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I think there is everything wrong with them.
Therefore pleas send all of them to me for proper disposal. (Use)
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:00:56 PM EDT
[#7]
How do you attach the tape swtich to the cover?  Does it just slide in?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:50:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:56:06 AM EDT
[#9]
If a section of the TD rail cover is cut, can the section without the tab still be used?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:12:23 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If a section of the TD rail cover is cut, can the section without the tab still be used?

Yes it can still be used. There is a chance though that it will slip / move when you grab on to it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:51:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the info.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top