Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2005 1:10:44 AM EDT

Geezzzzzzzz.....  I know that Colts are nice but someone's wayyy outta line...

Colt LE6520

Hey good luck.  I was looking around for a decent priced SPAS-12 and all prices were $200-$600 high.  I decided to see what Colts are going for and almost shat my pants.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:47:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Whoever's attempting to sell it is out of their GD mind.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:03:50 AM EDT
[#2]
funny thing is that there are some of those ads that belong to members here
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:25:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I guess some people have a warped idea of what things will sell for. The guy I bought my NDM86 from wanted 3300$ for it...and it wasn't new in the box nor did it have the red velvet lined case that the first 100 imported did.

I talked him down to a fair price for just the rifle and 2 mags since I'm not particularly interested in the serialized value of all the rest of it and we completed the transaction. A few months later I asked the guy if he would be interested in selling the rest of the accessories since they were serialized to the rifle and obviously had no value to him (and from what I gather he never went to the range anymore, was kind of an elderly gentleman who had bought the NDM as a novelty item).
In fact they really don't have any value to me either, I've got 2 different 8x42 scopes for it but I thought I'd ask anyway because it wouldn't hurt to have them.

His price for the 4x24 scope, metal box, one mag and the sight adjustment tool? 1000 thousand dollars . If I were to go out and buy them separately it would be worth about 200$, but I guess he felt like he could bank on my desperately needing to get the complete set for this rifle. Naturally I told him no deal.

Round about the way I guess he realized that he really had no use for the stuff after all and we went with my suggested price of 200$. All things counted in he got an extremely fair and slightly higher than market price for his set and so we're both happy...but that first round of negotiations was surprising and the second round with the other accessories was downright silly.

Another thing that drives me nuts is at local gunshows and some of the prices people charge for crap. I saw a guy purchase a Romanian PSL for 900$ advertised as new, but if you looked at the bolt carrier marks they must have cycled the action at least a thousand times. The scope rubber was rotted out and the rifle had more than its share of PSL dings and scratches plus the wood looked like crap...more like a WASR10 than a PSL which generally have a decent finish on them. The guy that bought it was so happy he had a Dragunov at last...I felt really bad for him but didn't see all this until after he had handed over the cash and got the yellow form done.

I think that they guy selling the LEO must be good friends with the guy I bought the NDM from and they both must have gone to the same school of sales that the dealer with the PSL had

Z
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:31:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Obviously most people are optimistic, but some people think they have a flying pig or something.  I emailed an individual about a $1200 SPAS-12 with an offer of $850, which was very fair for the setup (full stock, shorter barrel and sight radius, and lever safety).  He told me I was nuts and that these are very rare.  Was worth the email to try but all I can say is they're nuts.  Maybe he confused it with the SPAS-15...
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:02:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe its $2,699 for 3 of them..?  

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:32:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Prices reflect cash discount...

Act now.  Operators are standing by.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:44:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Prices reflect cash discount...

Act now.  Operators are standing by.  

I'll get right on that after I put together a complete RRA for about 700.

kthxbye
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:07:38 AM EDT
[#8]
There was a guy on here selling them for $1,200.00.  Funny thing was he did not have them.  He wanted you to send him cash so his buddy could buy them, then  he would sell it to you.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:36:44 AM EDT
[#9]
remember there is a sucker born every min.

that rifle is worth about 1,200 less than what he is selling it at.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:26:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Do you hate the classified section of your newspaper, too?  

If the market will not bear that price, he will keep his rifle.  I hope he gets what he wants for it.  It will not be from me, or anyone that knows the market.

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:29:11 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll take it!

Paypal sent!!!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:34:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Well you do get two 20 round mags in the deal...

Here is my favorite one:
www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976610589.htm
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:50:05 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Well you do get two 20 round mags in the deal...

Here is my favorite one:
www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976610589.htm

I think those guys are in MI.  They have way overpriced junk.  A while back someone posted the ATF shut them down and arested teh owner and his mom.  Looks like they are back in business.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:09:57 AM EDT
[#14]
WTH? I paid right around 1K for mine NIB, bought 2 and sold one to a guy on the boards or what I paid for it as I found something else I wanted about 4 or 5 months later. Keeping the other one tho, as it IS a light, handy system.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:23:44 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Do you hate the classified section of your newspaper, too?  

If the market will not bear that price, he will keep his rifle.  I hope he gets what he wants for it.  It will not be from me, or anyone that knows the market.

+1
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:26:15 AM EDT
[#16]
wow.... hey if somebody's willing to pay it though he'd be an idiot to sell it for less..

but prices are insane lately.. here's what I want http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976583931.htm

but there's no way i can justify that amount of money
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:31:32 AM EDT
[#17]
On the other side of the coin, I just bought a NIB Glock 19C for $360. It came with 2 ten rounders but I still think it was a good deal.

Bomber
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:55:22 AM EDT
[#18]
sounds like a good deal to me too.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:37:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top