Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2005 2:33:33 AM EDT
ok,i'm open to suggestion here. what's the best mounting option, in everyone's opinion, for the eotech 552? i've always had mine mounted in place of the carrying handle, but i've also seen it mounted on the front rail, which i like for the aimpoint and the trijicon reflex 2,but never tried it with my eotech. what are some of the advantages/disadvantages of both, in reference to handling, target acquisition, etc? any input would be much appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 3:09:41 AM EDT
[#1]

EO-Tech's are pretty forgiving where they are mounted compared to a scope with a set eye relief. This one worked out well on my wifes Carbon 15 21S Bushmaster. She can shoot it with her arms extended just fine.  billt.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 3:39:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Its a personal prefrence thing.  By mounting it on the upper flat top reciever you do not need to buy additional rails.  However if you're in the service and have a rail system and mount it forward, it allows utilizing the NV feature if you have a helmet/harness mounted NODs on.

CD
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 10:35:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Its a personal prefrence thing.  By mounting it on the upper flat top reciever you do not need to buy additional rails.  However if you're in the service and have a rail system and mount it forward, it allows utilizing the NV feature if you have a helmet/harness mounted NODs on.

Hey CD,  Are you saying that mouting the Eotech on the front rails and not on the flat top makes it easier to see the infrared dot through GOGGLE MOUNTED HANDS FREE night vision??  
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 11:29:30 AM EDT
[#4]
The farther out you push the Eotech, the less tunnel vision you have when using it, and the easier it is to shoot.  There are very few people who try it both ways and go back to a rear mounted position.  
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 10:22:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Books,  

You win a cookie.  When you wear NODs and have a red dot on upper reciever they hit each other.  Solution is to push dot out onto rail so they can cowitness each other.  Then as Stickman stated you have the "Scout Scope" concept.

CD
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 11:16:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I like it to the rear.

My Aimpoint is out front on another rifle and I don't like it much.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 11:52:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I like mine forward, it seems to be a littler quicker for my eye to pick up on the reticle.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:54:40 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The farther out you push the Eotech, the less tunnel vision you have when using it, and the easier it is to shoot.  There are very few people who try it both ways and go back to a rear mounted position.  

I don't have an Eotech, but I lke the M68 forward, mainly to retain my rear sight, as flip-ups had not been issued to us at the time. Nor had the ACOGs for that matter.  Haven't taken time to get a Photobucket account yet, but pics are available here:
http://photos.yahoo.com/eighteenbravo2003
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:06:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I have them set up both ways.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:08:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I have an Aimpoint on my rear receiver. In order for me to use the NOD I have to remove the BUIS and put on the mount. The Aimpoint can't be forward because I need the handguard room for the lock. I like the balance back where its at at the rear. Frontwards seems like it would make it more muzzle heavy than it already is.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top