Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/15/2005 5:46:28 PM EDT
Hi Guys,
I have been looking at your board for a few weeks now and am ready to take the plunge and get an AR. I was debating between a RRA Entry Tactical with M4 hand guard or the Elite with the Mid- lenght. I have learned alot reading differant topics on this board.

I was also not sure if for an optic (after becoming familar with the irons) on a reflex or eo-tech.

I get a call yesterday and my Boss, (at work not my wife) and he tells me he will buy me a AR for my Christmas bonus. I am pumped.

We went to Sportsman today and I looked at a Bushy M4 it was nice. I think I will order a RRA from Pete at AR-15 sales. I allready order 2000 rounds of ammo and I found a deal on M-3x light. I cant wate.

Sorry so long winded I am excited. I have owned guns and shot from age 10 never an AR however.
Any imput on my inteded options or carbine would help.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:56:39 PM EDT
[#1]
+1 for PETE @ ar15sales
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:06:56 PM EDT
[#2]
dude.... get a colt 6920 with an eotech and freefloat handguard if your boss is flipping the bill. go to www.webarms.com      the colt has m4 feed ramps, chromed barrel. GET IT!

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. --- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:28:10 PM EDT
[#3]
My Boss was asked me the price first before he said he would buy me an ar I told him about $850 (I have been talking to Pete at Ar-15 sales) on the model I wanted. He complained about the Bushy at sportsman at $949 with tax. He is loaded but verry frugal. Most wealthy people are.

I dont want to look a gift hoarse in the mouth so I will gladly accept the RRA.

Thanks for the advice however.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:31:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I get a call yesterday and my Boss, (at work not my wife) and he tells me he will buy me a AR for my Christmas bonus. I am pumped.

Holy CRAP!!! I new I was working for the wrong people!!!

RRA is nice, Pete is good to deal with. Just be prepared to wait for an RRA versus owning a Bushmaster today.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:43:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Must be nice!!!! Even an AR15 you wouldn't buy for yourself is better than no AR15 at all. Take what he will buy and thank him heavily for it
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:04:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Any job openings????
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:35:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I have an ArmaLite M4C.  If I had to purchase again, I'd go mid-length.  Same 16" barrel length but with a longer sight radius, longer gas tube and ability to use a standard bayonet.  I'd also go with the RRA UTE2 upper instead of purchasing a seperate BUIS like an LMT.  It'll always be there for you and it'll never get loose and lose it's zero.

Hardwarz
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:45:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the imput. Will the Ute2 co-wittness with a eo-tech. I did look at that one on line I have not been able to get my hande on any RRA to get a fill for the differant models.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:57:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:08:07 AM EDT
[#10]
you can subsitute the dominator handle for the tactical carry or carry handle free of charge. the dominator will co-witness with eotech. just to let you know from my own ordering experience that there is a $25 additional charge from RRA if you decide to change the order. i didn't find that out until it was too late. it's no big deal but they don't tell you about the charge until afterwards.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top