Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2005 4:51:56 AM EDT
Anyone shot one (pros and cons)? I'm a lefty and hope the brass deflector is efffective. No breech door? Accuracy, jamming? Does have a chrome-lined barrel.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:03:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I shot one all day last weekend, my buddy just bought one. It has the "izzy" compensator/flash-hider on it which makes it a lot louder, but it helps control some of the muzzle rise. it is an extremely light weapon - it feels almost like a toy. But it is very solid, no increased muzzle rise or felt recoil, in fact it is even a bit easier to keep on target and rapid fire than my Bushy and Colt.

We had no problems with it. We sighted-in an Aimpoint CompM on it, shooting from 25 to 50 and then to 75 yds with no problems. It was a lot of fun.

- rem

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:42:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I love mine in M4 config with the Izzy.  It is picky on the Mags.  Thermold mags work well.  Mine will eat anything with these.  Hollowpoint Wolf etc...

In 1000 rounds of Wolf 55g hollowpoint 1 FTF 3rd from last.  22Degrees that day and it was very dirty.  360 rounds that day with only a bore snake after the last session.  

If i were buying again i would get the Flatop versus the M4 to get the standard rail height.  Just heard from BM that the rails for the flatop and the M4 are not interchangable.  The uppers are different.  

Might just buy a flatop reciver and keep diferent optipcs on them.  Or a flatop upper.  20" fluted w carbon fiber handgrip.  Make a Carbon on carbon Vamiter?

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:55:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I haven't bought one (yet) but I handled them quite a bit last week.  They feel like a toy . . . but they're not.

I look forward to getting one this weekend and putting it through the paces.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:46:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I just bought the m-4.  I love it.  I've had zero problems with it.  I put 1000 rds of surplus ammo through it with no jams at all.  I've got an eotech on it.  I've tried several mags and had no trouble with any.  One inch groups at 100yds also.  So far its theEasiest ar to clean that I've found.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:09:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:56:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I just bought the m-4.  I love it.  I've had zero problems with it.  I put 1000 rds of surplus ammo through it with no jams at all.  I've got an eotech on it.  I've tried several mags and had no trouble with any.  One inch groups at 100yds also.  So far its theEasiest ar to clean that I've found.

what does the face of the ramp look like on the upper receiver where the bullets go into?  Any dings or odd stuff on the surface there?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top