Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2005 8:00:18 PM EDT
I built a AR-15 about a year ago.  It works and I have had no problems with it but the trigger is not smooth but creepy.  What parts do I need to replace to smooth the trigger out.  I am satisfied with the other lower parts.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:03:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Replace the hammer and trigger.

Would you prefer a single stage, or a two stage trigger?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:56:23 AM EDT
[#2]
You can try this: www.sargenthome.com/15_Minute_AR_Trigger_Job.htm
That'll smooth it up and lighten it, but it doesn't shorten the pull and the lighter springs might make it feel even more creepy.   Doesn't cost you anything to try it though.  

If that doesn't do it then I'd suggest the JP trigger, which lets you adjust out most of the travel (the creep).   You don't have to replace the springs or hammer, but if you do go with the lighter JP springs I'd suggest going with their hammer too.  There have been some reports of light-strike failures with the JP hammer spring and non-lightened hammers.  I've never had a problem with any ammo with my complete JP group.

Or instead of the JP you could go with something like the Accuracy Speaks that is improved over stock but without the adjustments.  Or go with a 2-stage instead.  Other than the JP trigger, you'll end up replacing the whole group.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:26:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Learn to love it!

That's what I did!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top