Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2005 12:27:25 PM EDT
One of my Dads friends dropped off an AR on his house he wants to sale. I'm picking it up tonight, but here is what I know about it so far. It's a Colt, 16" HBAR2 Match Target rifle. It's got the removable carry handle. He's got some extra mags and ammo with it also. Now, my dad says it looks to be new in the box. How much would a rifle like this be worth? I know tonight I can post some pictures of it and get more info on it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 12:46:10 PM EDT
[#1]
If I'm understanding you correctly, my girlfriend bought the exact same rifle this summer for $750.  Got it from the local gun store so it may have been a little over priced but I thought it was a fair deal.  Here's had a couple marks in it and had been shot quite a bit as it was absolutely filthy.  On the bright side it is amost the most accurate rifle I've ever shot.  I have one bolt action that will better it by a little.  With high power optics and quality match ammo (69 gr. or 77 gr. Sierra matchking loads from various manufacturers) it will shoot a ragged keyhole shaped hole at 100 yards.  I don't know if she got lucky or what but that thing is amazing.  If it's that clean and he'd take $750 or less, I'd grab it.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 12:51:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I'm going to pick it up within an hour, so I'll post some pictures tonight with some more info. When I talked to the guy he said he wanted $1000 for it, but I asked my dad(they've been friends for a long time and he trades guns like no other) what he would take and he said $100 under what they sell for.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:35:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I think  my wife paid somewhere in between 950$ & 1100 for my  Match Target   HBar 16" that's new in the box a coupla  yrs ago
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:46:59 PM EDT
[#4]
i paid just over a grand for a brand new clinton ban version colt H-bar. expect no threads or bayonet lug. if i could do it over, i would have bought an identical bushmaster with a fluted barrel and paid less. oh well.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:30:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok, its a Colt Match Target, Competition HBAR II. Model# MT6731 223. Rem. Has the standard grip and stock, flat-top upper with carry handle. I don't think it's ever been shot before. Theres a few marks on the barrel and upper, looks to have been carried around a little. Has two 10 round mags, two 30. It's a post-ban with no threads or lug. Says the guy paid $917 back in '98 for it. What is this worth, and what should I offer for it?

Edit.. I just looked at gunbroker.com and gunsamerica and most are selling new for between $950 to about $1200. I guess I could always call him and say I'll give him $700 cash for it. If he takes it great, it not I'll just go back to building my own.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:49:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd say offer the $700.  I paid $1000 for my Colt MTC Hbar back in 2001.  It was listed $1300.  It was a Post 94 Pre 04 and it came with the dumb plastic buttplate, plastic bolt carrier, and screwfront pivit pin. I've replaced the listed parts and had Adco thread the barrel.  I love "fixing" things.

To some Colts have a bad rep.  To others Colt is an American tradition.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:18:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, I'm going to call him this morning and say I'll give $700 for it. I know it's worth anywhere from $1000 to $1300 from what I've seen and read on here. But anything over $700 and it's not worth it to me. Even for that money I could build myself a nice AR with a Pre-ban upper and my pick of furniture and sights.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:31:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
if i could do it over, i would have bought an identical bushmaster with a fluted barrel and paid less. oh well.

*Heart stops, falls on floor*
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:54:38 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
One of my Dads friends dropped off an AR on his house he wants to sale. I'm picking it up tonight, but here is what I know about it so far. It's a Colt, 16" HBAR2 Match Target rifle. It's got the removable carry handle. He's got some extra mags and ammo with it also. Now, my dad says it looks to be new in the box. How much would a rifle like this be worth? I know tonight I can post some pictures of it and get more info on it.

brand new le guns chrome lined barrels  COLT   http://www.knesekguns.com/price.php
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AR15 M4 CARBINE A3
     MODEL NO. 6920  Pictures $1,100
   AR15 A3 TACTICAL CARBINE
     MODEL NO. 6721  Pictures $1,065
   AR15 A2 GOV'T CARBINE
     MODEL NO. 6520  Pictures $1,015
   AR15 A2 9MM
     MODEL NO. 6450  Pictures $1,125
   AR15 M4 A3 CARBINE
     MODEL NO. 6921 14.5in  Pictures $1,350
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:01:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I called him. Said he had about $1000 in it, but now has no use for it. He told me to hang on to it for a few days while he thinks about it(good sign). Hey, if I can that gun, brand new in box for $700, I'll be happy. If nothing else I've just made about $400 on it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top