Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2005 5:54:46 PM EDT
Earlier today I went to a gunstore that was out in the boondocks, he had (to what he thought) an idea about AR15's and this-n-that...

Now, before I get started, I'm no genius or "know-it-all" in the AR15 community, but I know enough not to look like a 'tard.

As I was browsing around, he told me he had a few AR15's in the back, so he promptly brought one out and he was talking up a storm about how great the weapon was, and how it was New In Box... So, I figured "Hell yeah, bring that fucker out here!". My level of excitement and expectations preceeded me.

Opening the box, he pulls out a 16" barrel, 6 position collapsible stock, AR15A2. I thought "Hm, something looks wrong with it already.", I was right. The rear sight aperature was practically falling OFF, it looked like it was GLUED onto the carry handle, "WTF is this?! (I asked myself)".

Upon futher inspection, I found that the butt-stock, was shit. It's hard to explain what all was wrong with the rifle, but anyone who has ever HELD a GOOD AR15, would know that the money spent on this rifle could've gone towards a $800 roll of toilet paper to wipe your ass with.

This rifle, was a Vulcan Arms "V15". I nearly shat my pants, knowing my hands had just touched one of the most unholy pieces of fucktard equipment ever. I left.

Obviously he wanted to sell it... BAD, and with good reason. I wouldn't want a $699 turd lying around either.

End of story, supposedly.

-Covert
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:56:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Vulcan Arms = Hesse
Nuff Said!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:02:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I was so pissed about how he was telling me how great it was, and how good Vulcan Armament was... It looked like Mattel toy company built it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:32:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Which gun shop in IN.?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:37:53 PM EDT
[#4]
That's funny... The ones they keep in the back are for "special customers"... That's old school tactics... Anytime a dealer goes into the back room to get a firearm and says "here's something you might be interested in", run out the door as fast as you can...

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:53:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't even remember the name of it, it was near Muncie/New Castle
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I nearly shat my pants, knowing my hands had just touched one of the most unholy pieces of fucktard equipment ever.

That sentence alone is worthy of SigLine status!  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:05:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Hahaha I would but I'm just a lowly "Member" :'(
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:09:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I hope you washed your hands before you touched a real gun. Or ate anything. Or touched anyone you cared about...........
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:11:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I had my 20" Colt AR15A2 out in the truck, I quickly ran out, grabbed it, groped the shit out of it, and drove all the way home just fingering the hell out of it! I feel rejuvinated!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:43:01 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I nearly shat my pants, knowing my hands had just touched one of the most unholy pieces of fucktard equipment ever.

That sentence alone is worthy of SigLine status!  

+1 !  That is so full of wisdom !  :)

Charlie 31
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:30:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
That's funny... The ones they keep in the back are for "special customers"... That's old school tactics... Anytime a dealer goes into the back room to get a firearm and says "here's something you might be interested in", run out the door as fast as you can...hr

ROFL!!

I work in a gun shop (well it WAS a gun shop before Katrina) in Fridays with my friend, he has a similar thing, the gun in the back lol.. I do admit though, some of the guns in the back are in a safe because they are $$$$ and hold something special but I have seen the - "Let me get something out the back you may be interested in" thing..

Where I am from, we don't sell guns to 'anyone' so you have to be on top of things and know your guns for one.. Example, calls come in all the time to the shop and note that the shop in unmarked, no signs and a electric lock on the door with white out windows - well these calls come in every now and again. They usually go something like this..

"Say I wanna git me one of dem desert eagles....." Response - call another fucking gun store..click..
Then you have the knockers, ones that were told where the store is and they come knocking.. those are usually the "I want a GLOCK or I want a SIG" and every now and again - "I WANT A HI-POINT!" those are told to leave. The store sells only STI and all the AR's are custom built packages, nothing out the box ready to go. Long story short, I have been there done that and have the T-shirt :)

Usually the gun taken out the back and presented is something along the lines of an STI executive costing around 3K
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top