Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/2/2005 3:55:30 PM EDT
I went to a gun show today and CMMG was there with quite a few AR-15's.  They looked like they had a good operation and were extremely friendly and helpful.  Does anyone have any experience with them?  I am looking to get my first AR and was wondering how they compare to Bushmaster, RRA and Colt.  Their MOD4 with the ARMS forend looked great.

They are also about 45 min. from where I live in MO so I figured that could be an advantage to buying from them.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:20:20 PM EDT
[#1]
My only experience with them is using one of their stripped lowers on a build.  Shoots great, no problems.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:39:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought an upper from them. No problems on their end, good communication on the one problem I did have (I forgot about the whole "you can only spend so much in one day with your debit card" thing). They said 2 weeks to get the upper (they were off getting plated or something) and it took 2 weeks. I like it and wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:28:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I really like CMMG.

Not only do they make a quality product, but they also

(1) are really friendly, helpful and stand-up people
(2) have fantastic customer service

I've bought 3 lowers and a bunch of small stuff from them.  My next upper will be from them as well.

If you are only 45 min from Fayette, try to stop by one of the shoots are their range - it's usually on the first saturday of every month, and it's a ton of fun.  More details in the Missouri hometown forum.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:37:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Absolutly a top notch company.  I've bought from these guys before and they have a stellar reputation here as well as on other boards.

Good prices, reliable, friendly and best of all, they stand behind their products.  Customer service and satisfaction are very important to them.

Do not hesitate to deal with CMMG.  They are a class act.

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:42:09 PM EDT
[#5]
They are a first class act, nice folks.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:33:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Ordered an upper from them a few thousand rounds ago, haven't had a single problem.  GTG as far as I know.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:38:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I purchased a A2 receiver from them and I am very satisfied with the fit, finish and function.

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:58:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Great stuff. I would buy from them in a second.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 10:26:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought one of their uppers..Good stuff.  Great folks.  I'd buy from them again.  Actually, I kinda intend on it if things go my way.

Wes
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 10:34:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I love them. Have an A3 upper and detach handle from them. Top notch!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:52:13 AM EDT
[#11]
I have one of their lowers, went together great and fuctions as it should. what more could you want?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:56:34 AM EDT
[#12]
I've got one of their chrome lined MOD-4 barrels.  It works great, is light, and VERY accurate.  This is one of the newer ones that was made in-house.  It shoots almost as good as my stainless match barrel.  There was a pretty hefty delay, but it wasn't bad as it was just after the ban lifted.  MJD
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:40:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Get thyself to the Hometown forum. More info on them is to be found there.

And yes, excellent products, great folks!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:51:01 PM EDT
[#14]

i have one of their 14.5" M4 uppers.

top notch product and service in my book.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:59:15 PM EDT
[#15]
I have some part from CMMG on all my ARs.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 1:30:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Don't these guys also do the M4 feed-ramps?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 1:35:41 PM EDT
[#17]
They sure do have the ramps,use 4150 MP inspecte 1/7 barrels and use a 14.7 barrel to legaly permanently attach an A2 flash hider for the closet look cosmetically and design wise.Wit h a mil-spec telestock it looks to the the closet to an M4 type AR.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 1:59:37 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Don't these guys also do the M4 feed-ramps?

I think I've heard from this site that they are dremmel kind.  I don't own one, but that's what I've heard.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:03:49 PM EDT
[#19]
What companies do the legit feed-ramps?

I know Colt does, and I think LMT does too.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:07:49 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
What companies do the legit feed-ramps?

I know Colt does, and I think LMT does too.

Who cares unless you're running full-auto?  Every AR I've ever had does not have M4 ramps and they all work flawlessly.  A standard rifle extension is all you really need.  I don't mean to start one of those can o' worms things, but M4 extensions are over-rated.  MJD
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:16:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Just received one of their complete SBR's yesterday. It has the 10.3" barrel. Initial inspection is very good! I have not had a chance to tear-down to clean and inspect and "pop the cherry" yet, hope to this coming weekend. All three times I called them, they were extremely pleasant and helpful.
Cheers,
Dave
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top