Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2005 8:32:07 AM EDT
I'm currently looking for an upper for a retro carbine build (XM177E2).  I emailed Sarco about this ad, but haven't heard back yet:

AR173 M16 Upper, Colt, Original, Excellent to New $125.00

#3 - Complete Upper: (upper + complete sight & complete ejection door cover assembly). Like new condition… AR173 $125.00 / Excellent condition…. AR174 $110.00 / For orig. Colt, add $10.00

Does anybody have any experience with these parts?  Another option is an upper from CDNN, but I'd have to sell off all the extra parts and hope to come out.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Steve Ness
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:27:06 AM EDT
[#1]
i have dealt with Sarco a couple of times.  they are good if they get it right, and are horrible if they get it wrong.  i would only deal with them again if they are the only placeot get the part (which on alot of stuff they are).  guys on this board had odered their complete early M16 parts kit and got later parts(which is miss representation.  however, you should be fine ordering the stripped slick side upper.  if you don't need it to be colt original i would buy the DPMS slick side or the onsimialr one from fulton armory.  they are brand new for less $.  IIRC the ones from CDNN are A1 uppers (which have the Forward Assist).
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:10:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I also hear Sarco is a hit or miss thing. I like CDNN myself
just my .02 worth.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:40:48 PM EDT
[#3]
i've tried sarco, i'll never buy from them again.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:49:33 PM EDT
[#4]
CMMG has some 11.5" surplus Colt Commando uppers in EE.  That would be a great place to start.  They are great to deal with,  which is much more than can be said for Sarco.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:58:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I also hear Sarco is a hit or miss thing. I like CDNN myself
just my .02 worth.

+1

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top