Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2005 10:01:03 PM EDT
Just got through reading all the glowing reports on the RRA DEA/FBI carbine trials.  Seems RRA actually beat out the Colts.  Colt was allowed to re-enter their rifles after they failed the durability test.  The re-entered rifles passed.  I wonder if RRA would have been allowed to submit replacement samples if their guns failed?  Anyway, I almost had my mind made up that I was going to get a 6920.  After reading how well RRA performed under great stress, I am impressed to say the least. Not to mention that I can get one $225 cheaper than the Colt.  I'm not saying that RRA is better than the Colt, but the DEA testing can't be ignored.  The RRA M4 profile Wilson barrel is heavier under the handgard than the Colt and the RRA 2-stage trigger is much better!  The Colt has the edge with the M4 feed ramps and 1/7 twist barrel, but that's only a factor if you are using heavier weight bullets to my understanding.  Colt has a strong reputation for quality control. I have not heard of much trouble with RRA?  The Colt will most likely hold its value better than the RRA?

Decisions, Decisions.  It's a nice problem to have
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 10:05:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Go with the Rock River and don't even look back.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 10:27:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Go with the Rock River and don't even look back.

+1
Mine has been flawless.  I ran 1000rds through it in a few days with no cleanings and it never had a hiccup.  It wasn't worth it though because it was a PITA to clean after that .
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 10:34:59 PM EDT
[#3]
While I LOVE my RRA "Tactical Entry" upper, if money was
no problem, I would go Colt. You don't need a 2-stage trigger in
a carbine and will learn to love the lighter barrel if you ever take
a 5 day class...
RRA is a great 2nd choice, and in a 20" rifle, it wouldn't matter that much,  
but Colt is still THE company which knows exactly how an M4 has to be
built. For example, Colt bolts are famous for outlasting their rivals ones.
The gas key is staked right from the beginning- other than in my RRA.
The front sight is higher, the extractor spring heavier etc.- lots of
attention to little details.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 10:45:52 PM EDT
[#4]
hehehe...TAG...
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 10:49:54 PM EDT
[#5]
rra-mine is flawless, just bought another one of their uppers. I like how the gun is actually black too. I guess its attention to detail....
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top