Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/30/2005 6:29:58 PM EDT
Novice question. I have not been able to find a thread that illustrates the correct sight picture that one would visualize using  A2  sights. Anyone know of such a li nk? Thanks in advance. (Receiving various opinions from the "experts" at my range.)
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:37:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Try here... hope this helps....

groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/sightsopticsfaq.msnw

Good luck.....
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:40:16 PM EDT
[#2]

that's from the Maryland AR15 shooters site...here
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:41:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Of the common holds, I use the "pumpkin on a post" or also known as the "6:00 hold."  That was the way I was taught for LR shooting in NRA Hi-Power and it works just fine and I never saw a reason to change.  For target shooting I cannot think of a better hold.  For hunting and combat I use the center mass hold where the bullet hits right on top of the front sight.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:50:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
groups.msn.com/isapi/fetch.dll?action=MyPhotos_GetPubPhoto&PhotoID=nJwAAABUM*sge1jbnMkmcjIs8UvdnwjN9rVthfkAwe1C6RpyyLW!4FVG0OapqpOB*gZQb2i1!Ois
groups.msn.com/isapi/fetch.dll?action=MyPhotos_GetPubPhoto&PhotoID=nJwAuAOALksB7dXTgJt23hvmX5sW5iDUguFZe*K6s5*wFnrYX25PR68N9RBfb956vsq9eoKRNSWQ

that's from the Maryland AR15 shooters site...here

+1  these 2 images illustrate proper sight alignment and sight picture. "lolly-popping" or 6 o'clock hold leaves a lot to chance in AT&T (long distance).

-E5T
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:50:19 PM EDT
[#5]
As usual lots of good advice and  my question was answered. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:33:44 PM EDT
[#6]
i use center mass hold. To bad i got the wrong front post and its above the little protective ears.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:05:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top