Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/29/2005 12:21:44 PM EDT
Ok I remember a guy on the forum not too long ago posted trying to figure out if the SOPMOD he had was an airsoft wannabe or the real thing. I was wondering if the airsoft was actually that close to the real thing. If so I wouldnt mind going the cheaper route to have a better feeling CAR stock. Does it fit the actual LMT hardware? Is it as solid as the LMT or close to it? Feel and measurements the same?

I know a lot of yall hate the airsoft crowd but the real one is $250...with no group buy possible...that hurts...
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:37:57 PM EDT
[#1]
bad move......Friends don't let friend buy Airsoft parts for their rifle.

If you want the look and the feel, it might work and fit the bill, but the plasic is cheap and it will eventually break on you. you only buy quality once.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:41:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah that, and when you buy an airsoft knockoff your money goes to Taiwanese companies stealing somebody else's hard work.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:42:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yeah that, and when you buy an airsoft knockoff your money goes to Taiwanese companies stealing somebody else's hard work.

lol gotcha.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:44:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Airsoft companies go all out to make their stuff as close to the real deal as possible.

www.intrudershop.com.tw

But it's not a good idea to put airsoft stuff onto your real steel rifle. I find it funny, because collectors in Japan/Taiwan/Hong Kong will pay like, 1.5 to 2X as much as we do for real stuff to put onto their airsofts, because they hate be forced to only own toys. When it comes to equipment, the goal is to put real stuff on your toys, not your toy's stuff onto your real steel.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:58:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

And yet it's OK to buy BlackHawk gear.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:30:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And yet it's OK to buy BlackHawk gear.

Oh!  Right across the bow.  I concur.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:44:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Everytime I see one of these posts I have to mention that other members have had similar problems with the LMT as time goes on.  The LMT may be BETTER plastic, but is still plastic just the same.  For more info talk to Kisara.

FWIW I have one on my carbine and have enjoyed it, but the butt of my rifle hasnt hit any Irqi insurgents lately or killed any zombies in hand-to-hand
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:58:13 PM EDT
[#8]
In times like this always remember, "you get what you pay for".
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:19:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Everytime I see one of these posts I have to mention that other members have had similar problems with the LMT as time goes on.  The LMT may be BETTER plastic, but is still plastic just the same.  For more info talk to Kisara.

FWIW I have one on my carbine and have enjoyed it, but the butt of my rifle hasnt hit any Irqi insurgents lately or killed any zombies in hand-to-hand

You've got the Airsoft version or the real deal?

If you do have the airsoft, did it fit without any modifications? did you install it using airsoft parts or the LMT parts?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:32:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I thought there were a few people who had run the fake stocks and reported having no long term problems, I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:27:54 PM EDT
[#11]
It's plastic. So long as your molds are good, and you're using a decent chemistry and quality of plastic, you're not going to see a lot of difference. Nobody I know is having huge issues with the crane clones.

BTW, did LMT get government assistance on the development of the stock?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:58:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I have one on mine the gook stock and i love it. Anyone here that sees my pictures knows i dont baby it and its the best fitting stock ive owned.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:00:29 PM EDT
[#13]
OMG, these threads are the end of me.

DON'T PUT YOUR GAY AIRSOFT SHIT ON A REAL WEAPON!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:42:17 PM EDT
[#14]
if you looked at mine you wouldnt be able to tell. people just get mad cause they spend boat loads of money on the samething.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:29:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
if you looked at mine you wouldnt be able to tell. people just get mad cause they spend boat loads of money on the samething.

Personally I think its pride.    Funny how pride costs you....I think the Bible mentions something about pride....
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:32:03 PM EDT
[#16]
hmm, now that ya'll got me thinking...

I'd love to torture test a airsoft stock, just really beat the crap out of it, and see how well it holds up compared to a cheap, real steel standard stock.

Which model should I get? From what website? I used to do business with redwolfairsoft.com

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:37:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
hmm, now that ya'll got me thinking...

I'd love to torture test a airsoft stock, just really beat the crap out of it, and see how well it holds up compared to a cheap, real steel standard stock.

Which model should I get? From what website? I used to do business with redwolfairsoft.com

Get any one you find thats under $100. I glanced at two different sites and they were both $95 with installation hardware. But thats another thing, should you install it using their junk hw or actual LMT stuff with the airsoft stock alone. I say do the LMT h/w to make the test accurate, seeing as its only the stock on trial here.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:46:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I have one on mine the gook stock and i love it. Anyone here that sees my pictures knows i dont baby it and its the best fitting stock ive owned.

the what stock?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:21:02 PM EDT
[#19]
the whole gun. its never seen the inside of a  safe or a case. The stock is sturdy as hell and very durable. www.uncompany.com/ thats were i got my zenith crane copy then i got a mil spec buffer tube.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:23:25 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

That's a pretty childish comment right there.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:27:58 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Here we got someone who's a racist and puts airsoft gun parts on their own gun.

Do you run around calling black people ni**ers too? Maybe while listening to rap?

By calling them "gook" you suggest that they're inferior, yet at the same time you praise their stock and claim that they're just as good.  Some real logical reasoning right there

Quit acting like you're still in junior high.  

Some people make me feel embarassed.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:44:29 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here we got someone who's a racist and puts airsoft gun parts on their own gun.

Do you run around calling black people ni**ers too? Maybe while listening to rap?

By calling them "gook" you suggest that they're inferior, yet at the same time you praise their stock and claim that they're just as good.  Some real logical reasoning right there

Quit acting like you're still in junior high.  

Some people make me feel embarassed.

Jr. High? I thought it was Middle school these days
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:52:50 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its true.  These Asian knock offs are literally copies of what American ingenuity came up with.  If your alright with not giving your money to the hard wroking American and sending it overseas... be my guest.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:58:24 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its true.  These Asian knock offs are literally copies of what American ingenuity came up with.  If your alright with not giving your money to the hard wroking American and sending it overseas... be my guest.

well you need to send that Toshiba or Sony or Mitshubishi or even your JVC television back to them then
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:04:26 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Just to clear up, I REFUSE to put any airsoft parts on my real guns.  Unlike Mr. Racist a few posts up.

But if you think about it,  just what the hell isn't made in Taiwan/ China/ Korea /Vietnam/India nowadays?

Is the keyboard you're typing on made in the US?  How many items on the desk you're sitting on right now is actually made in US?

I buy american as much as possible but by saying that if you buy a foreign made stock is giving away money to Taiwanese, all the while you you're using your chinese made keyboard and mouse, and korean made monitor all while listeing to your japanese made CD player it's pretty childish.

Do you own a TV?  If you do, then you are contradicting yourself.  Because we DON'T make TVs in the US. Period.  

There's even a good chance that you're driving a Japanese car.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:06:45 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just to clear up, I REFUSE to put any airsoft parts on my real guns.  Unlike Mr. Racists a few posts up.

But if you think about it,  just what the hell isn't made in Taiwan/ China/ Korea /Vietnam/India nowadays?

Is the keyboard you're typing on made in the US?  How many items on the desk you're sitting on right now is actually made in US?

I buy american as much as possible but by saying that if you buy a foreign made stock is giving away money to Taiwanese, all the while you you're using your chinese made keyboard and mouse, and korean made monitor all while listeing to your japanese made CD player it's pretty childish.

Its sad I know, but the American firearms industry needs our money, just saying that.  But yea, in other news... friends don't let friends put TOY parts on a gun.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:10:32 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
 But yea, in other news... friends don't let friends put TOY parts on a gun.

Sounds like we've reached an agreement
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:47:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 But yea, in other news... friends don't let friends put TOY parts on a gun.

Sounds like we've reached an agreement

+1

I agree as well.  Something about having a 'weopons grade' part versus something being a 'Toys'R'Us' grade part on a real 'weopon' just don't ' jee-haw' with me.  I guess if you want you could arm a nuke with cherio-o's insted of reactive nuclear materials and you could call it ok but I sure as hell wouldn't.  All the more I'll say about this is if you do decide to do it...Good luck.

I don't mean that in a bad way either -- good luck dude,

Wes
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:02:40 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

<----This is me, not giving a shit what the fuck you think.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:12:42 PM EDT
[#30]
my gun is my toy. im not going to war, i just smoke little and big fur bags with it. not sadly i dont listen to rap and if there was black people were i lived id call them what ever i wanted. I buy what ever gets the job done. It gets the job done and is cheaper i could careless were it came from long as it works.  damn i also have a toyota to i must really love throwing money at the nips as well.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:14:56 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

<----This is me, not giving a shit what the fuck you think.

That's a pretty childish comment right there. LOL.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:10:21 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You've got the Airsoft version or the real deal?

If you do have the airsoft, did it fit without any modifications? did you install it using airsoft parts or the LMT parts?

I have the airsoft version.  And the douchebaggery I see in this thread pisses me off.  If you havnt actually owned or seen one, why comment?  This is about as bad as Colt bashing.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:15:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Meh... Japanese cars in America are more made in America then "American" cars anyway these days. Gotta love multinational corporations. I find it ironic that we in America fought so hard for capitalism, and now that capitalism has won over, everyone is close minded and bitchy about foreign products... It's sad but true that American manufacturing, save for critical industries (like defense) sucks!!!

Seriously, would you rather have Americans making super computers or tennis shoes? It's that simple, Americans in general are worth more then the average manufacturing jobs... The notable exceptions of course, are things that you life could depend on, like web gear, firearms components and body armor: you probably don't want to cheap out on those...

Blah. Economics rant over.

Anyway, I think i'll look into trying out the airsoft stock and conducting tests on it... Airsoft stock vs cheap "real steel" stock, see who wins.... I'm sure the LMT real steel would win in a comparo with the airsoft, but I want to see if the airsoft model is cost effective.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:23:48 PM EDT
[#34]
I have airsoft parts all over my guns.

Not for any other reason than to be the foil to all the Gucci-girls. I can afford the neato stuff I suppose, but there's no fun in that. It's more enjoyable enjoying something that's not supposed to work, that's not supposed to be on my gun, and having money left to feed Wolf through my guns (which I'm also not supposed to do).

What can I say? I've always been this way. I think I came out mom's dumper just to be different.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:23:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Two comments (having owned, defended and still running an Airsoft stock):

Generall speaking, mass produced items from China and Japan are junk, plain and simple.  Poor materials along with poor machining is a bad combination.  The will not last as long as the stuff they unethically copied.  This holds true for the buttstocks.

If you rely on your weapon for anything other than sitting in the safe at home or on a bench at the range, using items like this will catch up to you, sooner than later.

It is very hard to get any real feel on the quality of any of these products, because you just don't know who's behind the keyboard.  My guns get use and sometimes abused, so these cheap, junk items generally aren't an option.  I do have one buttstock, and I keep it because I coated it with Norrell's and it matches the rest of the gun.  It is starting to show some excessive play at the operating bolt and it may be time for the brass bushing mod soon.

FWIW, YMMV, IIRC and all other disclaimers apply.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:17:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Buying airsoft junk for my ar's is always tempting to me, it looks legit, and the price is right, ive never actually done it though, i just dont trust it, even for paper punching.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:01:16 AM EDT
[#37]
damn...so what kind of shit is gonna happen to my stock mongo? get looser than my last girl friend, crack fall to pieces, or all of the above?  from reading your posts on other topics i always thought you supported getting them i see time has changed your view.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:05:06 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
damn...so what kind of shit is gonna happen to my stock mongo? get looser than my last girl friend, crack fall to pieces, or all of the above?  from reading your posts on other topics i always thought you supported getting them i see time has changed your view.

I haven't seen one broken yet, but the hole near the operating bolt will egg out.  I have devised a fix for that, but as far as I know, it is not proven long term.  In theory, it should work and extend stock life, though.  The thread that details the fix is in the archives somewhere.

I don't support these, nor do I demonize them like some do.  They are adequate for the average shooter and have proven to be able to take some abuse.  Their useful life has proven to be limited, though, based on your use.  It is a substandard part, simply put.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:58:22 AM EDT
[#39]
substanderd you say? well perfect im a substanderd person with substanderd aim it should work perfectly for me!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:00:23 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
substanderd you say? well perfect im a substanderd person with substanderd aim it should work perfectly for me!

Eh, don't be so hard on yourself.  These stocks are substandard, but not as much as many here say they are.  Adequate is a fitting term.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:07:47 PM EDT
[#41]
IBTL and usually you get what you pay for, do it right and do it once, you saze in the end.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:26:13 PM EDT
[#42]
i have a hard time paying 200 dollars for a stock. Sadly enough now im hooked on them so if this one bites the dust im gonna fork it over and get a LMT.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:03:28 PM EDT
[#43]
say the airsoft stock breaks and u buy another one, then u already paid 200 might as well buy the real one heh.  anyways

gook is term used for koreans.. e.g hangouk er watever u spell it.  i never been called a gook before. if i herd that imma have to slap a bitch.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:08:28 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
i have a hard time paying 200 dollars for a stock. Sadly enough now im hooked on them so if this one bites the dust im gonna fork it over and get a LMT.

That's not a bad way to go.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:09:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Take Airsoft crap off the board please...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top