Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2005 8:27:40 PM EDT
I have a lower that I would like to install Ace's collapsible stock on but I am perplexed by the meaning of the following (in bold):

"M4 SOCOM Designed with input from combat experienced SF soldiers. This is the strongest production AR15/M16 stock available! Approximately 6 times stronger than an AR15 A2 stock & receiver extension tube. Ideal for CQB or breaching doors, and without the fear of bending the receiver extension tube ( which disables the rifle ). Adjustable length of pull, adjusts from 7.5" to 9.5" in five 1/2" increments. The M4 SOCOM comes with extra hardware so that it can be set up as a push button quick adjustable stock for "pre-ban" or "exempt" use; or as an adjustable stock for post ban use! ( M4 SOCOM has not been approved by the BATF for post ban use ).Closed-cell foam overtube provides an extremely comfortable cheek weld. This stock mounts "rock solid' to the rifle with no movement making it an ideal stock for precision shooting as well. Ambi-sling mount / gusset reinforces the receiver extension tube at its weakest point- just behind the receiver...blah,blah,blah..."

My lower was made in 2001.  Can I use this thing?  What about the extra hardware they mention...how does it work and can I use it in one of these mystery conditions?

Thanks,

K
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:33:19 PM EDT
[#1]
THE BAN IS DEAD!!!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:43:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
THE BAN IS DEAD!!!!

Ditto. The part in bold means nothing.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:01:12 PM EDT
[#3]
What they were trying to say was that you could substitue a screw for the push button, and make it a fixed stock.  With the sunset of the AWB a year ago, this is no longer a player, unless you live behind enemy lines (ie, a state with a STATE AWB).  

Install, and enjoy!
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:35:38 PM EDT
[#4]
in order to be considered post-ban legal it had to be rendered damn near useless in all means other than a std fixed stock.

the socom used a screw to lock it in place and delete the collapsing part of the stock.

but since the ban has died and you live in tx just omit that part
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top