Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2005 6:28:07 PM EDT
Just wanting to get confirmation that the Glacier Guards are M4 profile. I understand that these do not have the design of the M4 guards in respect to their construction internally, but they should be the same externally, right?

Thanks for the help, guys!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:31:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Glacier guards have the same oval shape as the M4 handguards. They do look a little different visually though. They have more ribs. I actually prefer the look and feel of the glacier guards to real M4 handguards. Give me a minute and I will post pics of my rifle w/ M4 handguards and glacier guards so you can see what I mean.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:38:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Well man my image hosting site is down so I can't post them now. All you'll get are red X's.  If you give me your e-mail addy I will send them to you.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:54:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well man my image hosting site is down so I can't post them now. All you'll get are red X's.  If you give me your e-mail addy I will send them to you.

www.imageshack.us
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:03:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:04:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry that didn't work either Edit I just hotlinked the pics. It wont let me post them directly so you could see one on top of the other but you should get the idea.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:19:00 PM EDT
[#6]
"M4" style handguards:

"glacier guard" handguards
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:20:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey, guys!

Thanks for the help and quick responses!

I may just try a set of these as the Bushy "M4-Type" are no longer available.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:20:05 PM EDT
[#8]
So basically the ribs are closer together. This is the first time I've heard of glacier guards.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:28:09 PM EDT
[#9]
+1
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:28:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for getting the pics to show up. I usually dont use imageshack. Yes there are more ribs and they are closer together. I really like them. They stay cooler than other other M4 handguard on the market even the Colts. I picked mine up from Del-Ton for $18.50. Cant go wrong for that price. www.del-ton.com/detail.aspx?ID=1161
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:30:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Sweet!

Thanks again for all the help!

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:31:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Also these handguards are rigid as hell and have virtually no play. They also feel like you could drive over them with a truck and they wouldn't break.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:45:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Just ordered a set for my Superlite build!

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:01:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Just ordered a set for my Superlite build!

Doh. I forgot to mention they are heavier than regular M4 handguards. Maybe not the best choice for a superlite
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:05:39 PM EDT
[#15]
the primary point of these is that they help with cooling: is that true? Are there are benefits?

I was thinking, why not just go to a metal 2 peice rail system + fore grip if you are going to shoot so much temp. becomes a issue?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:21:20 PM EDT
[#16]
They stay a bit cooler than other handguards of this type. Of course a vented rail will cool the bbl better but I don't think you are going to find any railed forearms for under $20.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:52:01 PM EDT
[#17]
ok thanks!

I think i'm just gonna stick with my stock M4 style hand guards and save my pennies for a RIS clone
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:16:21 PM EDT
[#18]
So, the glacier guards came today. I'm a little disappointed with them. The overall quality seems to be good, but the finish is whats getting me. They are very slick and have a shiney/reflective finish. If only they had the matte finish I was expecting, they would be ideal. Are yours like this as well?

Thanks for all the help, guys.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:58:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Yeah thats how the finish is on mine too. Doesn't bother me at all though. I think they are compression molded and why the finish looks the way it does. They kinda have high and low spots in the finish but really aren't slippery. The regular M4 type handguards in the top one of my pics have a much more uniform finish to them but they are MUCH more cheaply constructed. They are only single heatshield and have quite a bit of play in them. Thet get quite hot. The Glacier guards have almost no play and stay quite a bit cooler. If you want those ones in my top pic just send me a few bucks for shipping and you can have em.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:29:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Yellomv:

Sounds great! Please im me your contact info and we will do the deal!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top