Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/23/2005 12:23:57 AM EDT
I just received a brand new colt upper from CDNN. the question i have is which upper did I get? Because in their add it says Colt AR-15 sp1/M16A1 upper, new factory. Is there any diffrence in these two uppers or are they both the same uppers. If diffrent please list the diffrences because I would like to know which upper I have.         Thanks for all info!!!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:27:34 AM EDT
[#1]
SP1 uppers lack a forward assist (and the associate bolt with the pawl cuts) and can have a 3 prong flash hider or the A1 bird cage.

M16A1s have the foward assist and birdcage flash hider.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:43:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:44:24 AM EDT
[#3]
The M16A1 upper is more versatile than the Colt SP1 upper since the small pin hole allows you to mount the upper on any lower from Bushmaster, Armalite, DPMS, etc.  Buy an large hole SP1 upper and you need an adapter or need to find a large hole AR lower.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:54:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I just received a brand new colt upper from CDNN. the question i have is which upper did I get?

M16A1 upper.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top