Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2005 4:14:37 PM EDT
Well first off hats off to oen great forum I did plety of research on here before posting on the 2 options I have to choose from.

Ok first off im in NY so we are affected by the post ban BS.

choice # 1) Colt M4 with removable carry handle.  

choice # 2) Bushmaster A3

Sorry if soem of my terminology on the specs of the guns might be off.

My main concern is that will in the long run the COlt be worth more.?? or save the 350.00 extra it will cost me to get the Colt and just take the Bushmaster, and throw the saved money into a nice Acog.????

You guys have been there and doen that so your advise is greatly appreciated in this matter.

* Side note: will the Colt citizen type rifles be fased out. as you can see form Colts website they only show the law enforcement/ military models now.??
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:18:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Colts have non-standard trigger and disconnector pins or front takedown pin, that is why I would buy Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:22:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:25:06 PM EDT
[#3]
much appreciated.. im atcually in Westchester. and as far as the pros and cons  of these 3 compared to price..

COlt
Bushmaster
RIver Arms.???
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:27:45 PM EDT
[#4]
First post and you open this can of worms.

Both weapons will serve you well.

This will wind up into another Colt vs everything else thread and needs to be locked.

Buy what you want and leave it at that.

I do not mean to offend but this is the oldest question on this forum.
The best weapon to own is the one you buy.
All makes and models will perform great and last you a very long time.

The flat tops will give you the best all around for mounting optic's  
The rest is just preference
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:28:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:31:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Bushmaster or Rock River Arms or ArmaLite all the way

Use the 350 to get a S.I.R. and a 40L

Get the ACOG for Christmas its only a few month wait
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:38:14 PM EDT
[#7]
not trying to open a can of worms. and as for lockign the thred Jeeeeeze. all i wanted to basically knwo was it justifed to spend an extra 350.00 for the Colt name or save the money and use it for half of an Acog.??

no harm intended or ment to start.. I know in all types of forums there is always that one question and sorry just dotn wanna be taken for an extra 350.00 if the consesus deems it right.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:36:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry my bad.

Well you will find that when a person says something about Colts in here everyone gets a bit crazy. Me to.

Colts are a fine weapon don’t get me wrong here. You will here that everything but a Colt is a copy and if you want the best make it a Colt. Colt will not lose value and last forever.
The quality control is better and parts are MP tested and so on.

The reality is Colt is not the first born AR/M16. No matter what you may here ArmaLite is the creator and sold the patents/rights and all to Colt. Colt did do some modifications  and all to make it better no doubt but they are not the originator. Bushmaster is doing some MP testing now but not as extensively as Colt. The thing to keep in mind here is these are pieces of metal working in stressful ways and created by man not God so failures will happen.

I do not own a Colt nor have I ever used one. My weapons are not tools just for recreation. But this does not invalidate the reality of my information. The fit finish and reliability of the AR/M16 weapons system from all brands are for the most part above board. There are some exceptions but this is just normal in any machine.
You can read in here problems with Colts and every other brand as well. Resale value is what you can get at that time. The AR/M16 is not a rare weapon.
From my own perspective from lurking here not fact mind you, I think the Colt owners are in the minority here. For many reasons that have nothing to do with the quality of the weapon. Some won’t buy because of Colts civilian sales policy’s, others because they are to much money. The list goes on and on.

I own two Bushmasters. So far they have never failed to go bang and have yet to give me a problem. They are more accurate than I am. For me the choice was simple when I bought my weapons. I chose Bushmaster because of price. I had all the major brands available to me at the time I bought my first one. I took the middle ground and price.
I have never looked back and trust them with the lives of my family, friends, and myself.

The only one I have ever questioned was an Armalite AR10T. New right out of the box there is a gap filled with glue on the forward hand guard. I thought this was cheap construction on a new $1900.00 rifle. Glue for weapon construction?? Humph But that’s just me.

So to answer your question is impossible if you tell the real truth.
The best weapon for you is/will be the one that you like fits your individual needs and can afford. You won’t truly know until you get the feel and experience of the weapon.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top