Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2005 10:01:57 PM EDT
Do you ever get  blowback up the front of the carryhandle.. Was all the way up the handle, wiped it up a bit before the pic.

Next pic ( sorry got the best shot I could) Sligthly melted delta ring..

Do your uppers do this? Ive not seen it an any of my others..

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:11:36 PM EDT
[#1]
In any of the M16s i've shot, i've never had *that* much crud. Is the delta ring actually melting or is that just more carbon.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:19:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Good eye.. Carbon. Just scraped it off.. Blowback... have you guys seen this much???  This is the upper off of my M16, not suppressed but its coming from someplace.. This is 200 rds from today..15rd bursts at a time..
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:20:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't think mine does nearly as much as yours, how many rounds through the upper?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:22:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Ive got maybe 1200 thru it myself.. Other than that  Tough to say.. Im also getting some from under the FSB..
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:32:35 PM EDT
[#5]
its normal just the little bit of gas that escaped.
sometimes when i have the time to sit out at the range all day my rifle has carbon buildup and what not all over the barrel and upper/lower and sometimes on the handguards

the mags have it too
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:57:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Right on....

Thanks!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top