Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 1:14:03 PM EDT
I just installed a Chip Mccormick trigger in my colt tr15.  After about 5 shots I pulled the trigger, heard the snap of the hammer but no bang. I tried to pull the bolt back but it would not budge, would not go on safe, nothing. I had to take the upper off of the lower and finally got the bolt out. Could not find a thing wrong anywhere. Put it back together and fired another 20 shots just fine. What happened? he
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:36:14 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
By the way the trigger is great but is really lite feeling compared to the factory one. If someone farts it will go off.

yeah, that's the whole point.

I'm not sure why your bolt got stuck though, hard to say without actually seeing the rifle in person, but I'm willing to be it's somehow related to the new trigger, maybe it wasn't broken it and binded.  

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:54:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I just installed a Chip Mccormick trigger in my colt tr15.  After about 5 shots I pulled the trigger, heard the snap of the hammer but no bang. I tried to pull the bolt back but it would not budge, would not go on safe, nothing. I had to take the upper off of the lower and finally got the bolt out. Could not find a thing wrong anywhere. Put it back together and fired another 20 shots just fine. What happened? By the way the trigger is great but is really lite feeling compared to the factory one. If someone farts it will go off. Really got to get used to it but I like it so far. Knocked about 1.5 inch average off 100yd target.

What ammo were you using?
Did you mean that the bolt got stuck?
What was the condition of the cartridge when you finally extracted it from the stuck bolt?
Did you check for any fouling / grime / dirt in the feed ramps?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:12:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I was using the same ol' winchester stuff I have always used.  When this happened, I could pull back on the charging handle and not get the bolt to budge. After I took it apart the round seemed fine, no primer strike on it. Still dont have a clue.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:55:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I was using the same ol' winchester stuff I have always used.  When this happened, I could pull back on the charging handle and not get the bolt to budge. After I took it apart the round seemed fine, no primer strike on it. Still dont have a clue.

so the charging handle moved backwards but the bolt stayed in place?

you need to look over the manual and info link here cause i think you got something really mixed up here. maybe you need to have someone help you field strip it properly.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:01:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I could" pull back on",not "pull the handle back". You know, pull on it but it wont budge. I know how to field strip an ar but thanks for the advise.  I think it had something to do with the new trigger.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:08:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:44:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:14:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Take the upper off and post pics.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top