Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2005 3:19:52 PM EDT
I am looking for recommendations for a trigger upgrade to my Dissipator. I am looking for advice on the best avenue. My current options are:

1) To a trigger parts kit and have them installed

2) Order a modular kit and drop it in

3) Send it to a reputable smith and have him do it.

I would appreciate suggestions, based on your experiences as to which one you would do and why.

Thanks so much in advance!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:22:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Would you like single or two stage?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:41:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Just shoot it. they smooth out after a few thousand rounds... But that's just me.

If I had to do it any other way... KAC would be my choice for 2-stage, and Accuracy Speaks would be the choice for single stage. Both are over $200, so I just stick to factory for my blasters.

The KAC and AS are the only two that I've used and had a positive experience with. Someone here (New-ARGuy) is running a JP, however, with the screws loctited and has reported zero problems over the last 4 or 5 years and only god knows how many rounds.  So I guess that's good enough for me
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:21:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for that. I am not sure I understand the difference between the single and two-stage trigger. My current trigger is factory. Is that single or two-stage?

My friend has a "custom" AR from Rock River and his trigger is just a lot better. Before I went out and spent money, I was trying to get some advice from the knowledgeable people here.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:28:36 AM EDT
[#4]
It is usually cheaper to try to improve your existing trigger by working on the engagement surfaces between the hammer and trigger. This will suffice for most shooters. Charles the Gunsmith.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:22:06 AM EDT
[#5]
well obviously,taken from your post, you are not familar with the rifle.

so what i would do is either purchase a drop in trigger, try and see if you are confident enough to install it using the instructions tacked in the build it yourself forum or send it to a gunsmith to install.

i personally would get the chipmccormick trigger.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:22:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for those answers.

As for polishing the egagements, I have a friend who said he woudl be happy to do that for me. He has doen that to his rifle and a few pistoles and they have come out good!

I do think I could install the Chip McCormick trigger. I did look at it and a different friend also recomended it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top