Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/9/2005 7:10:10 PM EDT
Is there any muzzle cover that I can use? Except condom. Most condoms are lubricated.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:12:50 PM EDT
[#1]
balloon?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I have seen a bunch of ARs at the local gunshop with muzzle covers but I don't know who makes them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:16:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I have some black plastic caps that fit over the muzzle tight but I don't think they would be water tight just dust and dirt cover.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:16:51 PM EDT
[#4]
there are plastic covers that go over the FH, any place that sells AR parts will have those........but I wouldn't recommend  putting ANY cover over your muzzle, it will trap moisture in your barrel, and you'll have bigger problems then dust in your barrel.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:19:44 PM EDT
[#5]
DSG Arms, TX, got red muzzle covers and they're getting some black ones soon (or they might have them by now).

Contact them at the EE.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:22:36 PM EDT
[#6]
They look like these that I found on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/USGI-Muzzle-Covers-100-qty_W0QQitemZ7181858053QQcategoryZ383QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:25:50 PM EDT
[#7]

If storing at home (ie safe)... why would you need a muzzle cover?  If just trying to protect the brake... than yeah, those plastic caps works fine.

If in the field and you want to keep stuff out of the barrel... go to a local drug store, they do sell unlubricated  condoms (ask for help if you can't find them, lol).  Not that it matters, I've seen regular condoms dry up overnight at the end of a muzzle.

~NewbieDave
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:32:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll tell you what I used during DESERT SHIELD to keep the sand out of the barrel.......I took a plastic wrapper that the MRE spoon came in, and put that over the muzzle, it was OK for walking around when sand was blown, but when I came into the tent I took it off.........but honestly unless you are going to be that kind of enviroment, there really is no need for any muzzle cover.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:58:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I've seen those things advertised as being "shoot through" or somesuch.  I'm guessing that you just leave them on the flash hider, and shoot them off?  And, I wouldn't think they'd be needed for anything other than harsh-environment deployments.  Going to the range or whatever?  They'd probably be overkill.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top