Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2005 3:50:25 PM EDT
Shameless Plug.  Just got my two uppers and some charging handles back from Black Ice.  The finish was totaled on both.  I had Lee Mecham Do the BCG as well.  I think they came out very pretty.  Now I get to go to the range with one and see how they hold up in the real world.  I use a lot of Wolf and Barnhaul.

Anyway the link is to Yahoo photo album where the pics are hosted.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/comcor1us/album?.dir=392e&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/comcor1us/my_photos

Edit to add:
He puts on a hard black teflon coating.  The same stuff used on Air Force Jets.  These uppers were very beaten before he got them.

www.blackicecoatings.com
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:00:48 PM EDT
[#1]
looks great.  who or what is black ice?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:07:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Why not just post the pictures here so we can see them?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:12:51 PM EDT
[#3]
That is the first time I've ever seen a black firing pin.  I think you went a little overboard.  Tolerances might be a little tight now.  If it doesn't run 100%, I suggest just getting a new bolt and carrier.  All that coating might not be as good as you think.  But what the hell do I know!  If it works out, that's great.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:17:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That is the first time I've ever seen a black firing pin.  I think you went a little overboard.  Tolerances might be a little tight now.  If it doesn't run 100%, I suggest just getting a new bolt and carrier.  All that coating might not be as good as you think.  But what the hell do I know!  If it works out, that's great.

Lets not bust his balls yet. I am very inerested in the performance of the coating. Post back periodically after you get plenty of rounds through it.

It looks great
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:29:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lets not bust his balls yet. I am very inerested in the performance of the coating. Post back periodically after you get plenty of rounds through it.

It looks great

Oh, I'm not busting balls, just won't be suprised if it's too much.  If it isn't then doom on me.  LOL!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:14:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I very seriously doubt that he will see any problems running the finish on his BC.  I've done it on one of mine strictly to see how it will work, and I've seen no issues so far.  

Think about the properties of some of the finishes, and think about why you think it would harm it.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top