Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 12:43:09 PM EDT
I have seen a multitude of AR-15 lower manufacturers, but havent found any evidential proof of which is better than the other. I am considering a CMT/Stag. Can anyone offer me comparisons of overall quality including tolerances and finish, price, and reliability of the various manufacturers?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:53:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Go with CMT and stag for the money and quality they are really, really hard to beat. Just don't get raped over the price of them from a FFL dealer.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:00:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I just bought a Stag lower for 87.00 shipped,and another 20.00 for FFL. Everyody says they are top notch.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:02:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have seen a multitude of AR-15 lower manufacturers, but havent found any evidential proof of which is better than the other.

You've just answered your own question.  All the major brands are pretty much identical so you can't go wrong with any of those.  

Just stay away from questionable makes such as Hesse or Vulcan and you should be ok.

Stag/CMT are quality lowers, if the price is right, why not.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:38:43 PM EDT
[#4]
CMT/STAG, Sabre, or MEGA.  Out of all of these Mega has the nicest fit and finish as they seem to dress out alot of the forging breaks and irregularities and they use PTFE anodizing which is the best anodized finish available.  These 3 manufacturers make the majority of receivers available on the market today.

It comes down to which goofy logo you want or can live with.  With the receivers these 3 make on variance for other people, you can even cherry pick that as well.  

There is very little markup on stripped lowers from the original manufacturers cost as they have become a commodity.  These are good times to be an AR nut.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:40:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Wait a minute.  I am building your AR.  YOU WILL DO WHAT I SAY!!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:46:30 PM EDT
[#6]
HAHAHAHA! I knew Ide get something out of you! What is the company with the atom thingy logo you mentioned?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:57:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
HAHAHAHA! I knew Ide get something out of you! What is the company with the atom thingy logo you mentioned?

That would be a MEGA lower.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:30:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would be a MEGA lower.

Superb fit and finish however a TangoDown BattleGrip may not fit properly.
Just FYI
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:38:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:53:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I you like horsey logos,  you can buy a stripped colt lower for about 250.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:13:00 PM EDT
[#11]
CavVet recomends SNS Industries out of Snohomish, Wa.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top