Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/25/2005 10:47:53 AM EDT
for my soon to be delivered Colt lower & L-W .499 upper ?

if not...

what recomendations/suggestions do the expertsprofessionals have ??
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:06:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:10:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Paul had good results with the enidine buffer, and magpul stocks.  Since I don't have a 499 yet, it is hard for me to comment.  I think the magpul m93B is really nice and solid and much more adjustable for your own confort level.  I think the butt has a bit more surface area as well.

It works great with the standard buffer and stock (that I have a little experience with) but the enidine smooths it out a little bit.  I am sure the other buffers (MGI and AAC) do the same thing, I just have no first hand info on these.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:40:35 AM EDT
[#3]
i have not heard much about an Enedine, is tha t brand or a type ?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:07:51 AM EDT
[#4]
YES !! it will be a slider, but my experience is only with Colt or Bushy sliders.., what advantages does a "side market" slider have over a standard slider ?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:55:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Fixed cheekpiece so you never have cheekweld issues. Designed to accept risers, good for running with optics. Rock solid....much more so than the 4 or 6 position telestocks and presets so you can adjust to the set length in one motion.
I'm running them and Enidines on my builds.

What's a 'side market'?

Simon
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:14:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
YES !! it will be a slider, but my experience is only with Colt or Bushy sliders.

If you want to know pretty much every about all of the most popular collapsible stocks currently available, check out this thread:

Choosing the best collapsible stock for "you"
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:15:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i have not heard much about an Enedine, is tha t brand or a type ?

Enidine (please note the spelling so when you search for the recent thread on these buffers, you will be able to find it) is the brand.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:34:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Simon, for the lack of a better word/description..., which i still can not recall, are any slider stocks made by accessory Mfgrs., i guess Surefire would fall into this category.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:48:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Matt B,
WoW !! that is a great post !! to make it more perfect photos of each in your description would be most helpful !! thank you !
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:17:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Go to the Industry Section, look under Magpul and click the link to their site. It's magic i tell you.

You might want to try the LW forum and check out the thread' two new builds' posted by Matt (actually on behalf of Paul). It shows the Magpul M93B adjustable mounted onto a lower used for testing my gun configurations. It also has their enlarged trigger guard.

Other stock designs are the VLTOR, Crane SOPMOD (built by LMT) and ACE. The ACE is the only one I would actually consider as an alternative ebcaue it is so bloody brutal looking. If I was pounding heads with mine, I'd take the ACE in a hearbeat.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:35:42 AM EDT
[#11]
hey buttplate here is the endine site  recoil buffer

I already asked them about distributors buffer tec right now is the only one.they said there are a few others in the works.it is $90 or so.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:39:20 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Matt B,
WoW !! that is a great post !! to make it more perfect photos of each in your description would be most helpful !! thank you !

There are some good photos all the way through that thread that were contributed by other board members.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:34:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Simon.., amazing the things one can learn here.., "the industry section" whooda thunk it...? (bashing forehead with hand)

mrrick, got it !! thanx !

Matt, i do admit i read the first page & the last..,  (what i do with books, if the first & last chapter are good, i'll read the middle.., otherwise the book goes back on the shelf !)  that is why i missed the photos.., i'll go back & peruse !
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top