Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2005 3:23:39 AM EDT
Ever do this before?  For some reason I cannot get the replacement hammer to work with the stock RRA trigger.  I followed what directions came with the gun.  That is: take out the old hammer, take the disconnector off the stock trigger,  buffer and buffer retainer, and selector switch.   After some 2 hrs of trying last night I cannot get the new hammer to work in the gun.   Will call the manf today, but thought perhaps someone has done this before.  I am thinking that this may not be dobale on a RRA stock trigger.....?
The gun shure looks great with a 29 " futted barrel hanging on it, but if it can't shoot not much use other than a flower pot.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:59:07 AM EDT
[#1]
If you have the 2-stage trigger, it's non-compatible with the Safety Harbor UL hammer...you'll need a standard semi trigger to properly interface with the new hammer.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:50:23 AM EDT
[#2]
tag for the bumpfiring video
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:56:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Sluggo,  Thanks... hell for the money UL cannot tell me this in the first place?  Makes me wonder about the entire purchase........
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:35:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Walter's a good guy...he just intended the UL to be used w/std trigger components.  I have a UL and it's great.  I put mine on a DPMS single-shot lower because I couldn't stand having the extra magwell...when I could have a different upper on it and be using it for something useful.
Sluggo
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:32:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Sluggo,  I got the thing put together and may head for the range on Sunday.  Was interested on what sort of groups at what range you have got with yours...?

Dan

PS: BTW, mine is the UL 50, not Walter's  gun, but almost  the same. ( added just for clerification).
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top