Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/24/2005 3:43:05 PM EDT
How do I go about painting the rollmarks on my lower.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:49:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Crayons!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:55:48 PM EDT
[#2]
HUH!!!!
How would that be applied?
I do have a 2yr. old if that helps.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:58:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm really not joking around, sorry if it seemed like that.

You just draw it onto the rollmarks, wipe off excess.

Cheap, and easy.

Post pictures of the results!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:58:11 PM EDT
[#4]
seems to me that the advertised method here is crayon wax.I used testors model paint.its acrylic.whatever.but it has not come off at all via solvents.even soaking.how,I took something small , paint brush , toothpic needle, something.and covered completely the "roll mark" only one area at a time maybe 3/4 to an inch because this stuff set up and was harder to do the next step.after covering, I got a rag and wiped it off with my finger (your method may vary) and used the rag to wipe that.then once all areas were done whatever colors, I waited 24hrs for it to dry good(it came out easy if I did'nt)then I used testors thinner (solvent) and q-tip wiped off the smear.don't get it too wet when doing this and don't do it very long,it pulls the paint out.after a few more days it is dried very good and if you want/need to touch up it is easily done.I did my HKs this way and they look good and so far after many soaking/cleanings it is still looking like day 1.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:00:30 PM EDT
[#5]
this is more effort than crayola and it to me is better.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:02:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I was just trying to give him a simple idea with materials he probably has laying around.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:06:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I know I'm not being a pud,its just what works well for me.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:17:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top