Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2005 12:25:38 PM EDT
Hey all,

Is there a rail like this one with a cant to compensate for the angle on the A2 handguards?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:43:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Do yourself a favor forget bolting on rails to the plastic hanguards.  Just get a rail system.  YHM makes a nice inexpensive one that is very durable.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:53:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a Larue FF railed handguard on my Dissy for a little while, but it was too heavy. In fact, I find most rifle length rail systems too heavy. I can't imagine taking a carbine class with my Dissy if I had to hold up a railed fore-end of any kind. For me, lighter is better.

I just want to mount a light, and the rail I do have cants right along with the A2 handguards, so the light isn't straight. Very minor point, but one that bothers me a bit and is hopefully an easy fix.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:59:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you had your barrel turned down to a lightweight profile?  That will save you some weight (almost a pound in the case of a Dissy). That with the DD should do well.

Another option is to replace your A2 handguards with the Cav Arms C5 Handguards.  They have a straight profile so the rail will be level.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top