Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 7:41:10 PM EDT
Saw this in the actiongear catalog.  Thought I would share.  It fills a void in AR accessories that has been kinda ignored.  Choice of bayonet!

Designed to dominate! In the world of bayonets, size DOES matter—and this is a big’un. World War II, Korea, Vietnam, the Falklands, Somalia, Iraq…the bayonet has BTDT. Ontario Knife Company, a manufacturer of military M-9’s, offers this new design, made with quality materials and attention to detail in its construction. Made for M-16, M-4, and AR-15 rifles, and doubles as a utility knife.

SPECS:
• Blade length: 7.5"
• Overall length: 12.75”
• Blade thickness: .2”
• Blade Material: 1095 carbon steel with a black zinc phosphate finish
• Blade style: Tanto, full tang construction
• Combo edge
• Handles: Brown ergonomically designed grooved handles of glass-reinforced nylon
• MOLLE-compatible Slim Line hard sheath included
• Something different for your collection!
• Made in USA
• Weight: 10 oz.

New Bayo

I think I am going to save my pennys no doubt!

- Gazukull
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:42:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks alot like the new USMC issue.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:43:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Designed for the Marine Corps by Ontario Knife Company. Designed to fit the M-16 family of rifles, it features a brown Dynaflex® handle that’s grooved ergonomically to reduce hand fatigue. The scabbard and webbing are also brown to ensure compatibility with both the new digital camouflage desert and woodland colors as well as to reduce the I.R. signature. Scabbard is manufactured with a low noise signature polyester elastomer. There’s a fitted internal stainless steel spring friction device at the throat of the scabbard to secure the bayonet. Rear of scabbard has a ceramic-coated aluminum honing rod for bringing back the edge while in the field. There’s two load-bearing attaching straps with cross straps, which allows variations of placement on load bearing equipment.

The blade is full tang clip point with 1 ¾” mission serration in a phosphate non-reflective finish. Blade length is 8” x 1 3/8” wide and overall measures 13.25”. Made of .200” thick proprietary carbon steel with 53-58rc. Hardness.   Each knife features the US Marine Corp Eagle, Globe & Anchor symbol and was designed to match the new digital camouflage uniform with all brown sheath, handle & webbing. The handle is composed of Dynaflex over a full tang, and has been ergonomically designed handle to reduce hand fatigue. A ceramic coated aluminum honing rod is located on the back of the scabbard for field sharpening of the blade
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:46:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Now that both profiles are up, I had no idea that the USMC bayo had an 8 in blade.  

My m-9 bayo seems so plain now :D

- G
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:48:21 PM EDT
[#4]
looks like the same handle.. now I have to decide if I need to get one or just be happy with the old one I have
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:03:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I like that Tanto blade
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:08:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Bowie blade all the way.Now I can retire my M7 and MK2 K-Bar..have the plastic sheathe too..love that knife.K-Bar and bayonet in one blade...looks balanved enough to fight with..M9 is way too bulky compared to this.How much and where to get?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:14:24 PM EDT
[#7]
id go with the tanto
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:38:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I got a link at the top! For its page on actiongear.com
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:18:54 AM EDT
[#9]
If I had any reason to own a bayonet, I'd get one of them, in the clip point of course. Was issued one for a while, it's actually a pretty decent knife and a world apart from the M-7.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:13:53 AM EDT
[#10]
www.1sks.com has treated me nicely. They are especially accomodating to military members too. I snagged my BM 722BT from them for $100 when they first came out. I am having trouble deciding between those two bayonets, but i'll probably go with the new USMC model.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:42:33 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
img9.imageshack.us/img9/4106/on3s3xr.jpg

Designed for the Marine Corps by Ontario Knife Company. Designed to fit the M-16 family of rifles, it features a brown Dynaflex® handle that’s grooved ergonomically to reduce hand fatigue. The scabbard and webbing are also brown to ensure compatibility with both the new digital camouflage desert and woodland colors as well as to reduce the I.R. signature. Scabbard is manufactured with a low noise signature polyester elastomer. There’s a fitted internal stainless steel spring friction device at the throat of the scabbard to secure the bayonet. Rear of scabbard has a ceramic-coated aluminum honing rod for bringing back the edge while in the field. There’s two load-bearing attaching straps with cross straps, which allows variations of placement on load bearing equipment.

The blade is full tang clip point with 1 ¾” mission serration in a phosphate non-reflective finish. Blade length is 8” x 1 3/8” wide and overall measures 13.25”. Made of .200” thick proprietary carbon steel with 53-58rc. Hardness.   Each knife features the US Marine Corp Eagle, Globe & Anchor symbol and was designed to match the new digital camouflage uniform with all brown sheath, handle & webbing. The handle is composed of Dynaflex over a full tang, and has been ergonomically designed handle to reduce hand fatigue. A ceramic coated aluminum honing rod is located on the back of the scabbard for field sharpening of the blade

Here it is mounted for you viewing pleasure

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:42:06 AM EDT
[#12]
does anybody make a "all black" bayonet? since my carbines are all black................
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:31:22 AM EDT
[#13]
M7s and M9s come black.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:46:58 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
does anybody make a "all black" bayonet? since my carbines are all black................

Yes, the M7 is black, and unlike the others, is designed to only do one thing.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:59:39 AM EDT
[#15]
At a Marine Corps show, they took (2) of the knives, clamped a 1/4" of the tips into a bar, and had Marines do pullups on the knives for 3 days.

I bought one after that.    
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:00:04 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, the M7 is black, and unlike the others, is designed to only do one thing.
img215.imageshack.us/img215/4276/1bayonetfullmedium0lr.jpg

Yep, a fine poker it is.  Of course, for <$20 it's hard to beat if you need a good jabbing instrument.  I do like the Ontario USMC bayonet as pictured above.  If I had a spare $100 I might be tempted to get one.  MJD
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:01:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Nice, but I don't do many pullups off my bayonets, and I would imagine you haven't done many since you bought yours either.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:14:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Hey, cool I've been looking for a bayonet for my M4, and that looks really neat and..

*looks at price*

...and I'm sure the M7 would do the job just fine.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:22:14 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

spray paint

Quoted:

Here it is mounted for you viewing pleasure

img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/05HemiJeep/Firearms/CIMG0888Large.jpg

I hate you now for making me want one....
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:52:32 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/05HemiJeep/Firearms/CIMG0888Large.jpg
I hate you now for making me want one....

It's going to be tough but I think I'll get over it
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:01:54 PM EDT
[#21]
I just wish the longer bladed USMC bayonet had the wire cutter feature.

I've used my M9 bayonet with it's wire cutters on a few occasions now and it was handy to have available at that time.

I think OKC is making a new M9 with the serrations of the USMC bayonet, I may upgrade to that sucker at a future time.

As for tanto pointed bayonets, there is some Italian company that is making some freakishly awesome looking bayonets.    The sharpened part fo the blade points upwards rather than downwards, very strange lookin knife.

I don't have the link for it anymore however.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:22:44 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

It's going to be tough but I think I'll get over it

I kinda figured you'd be able to
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top