Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2005 8:03:09 AM EDT
I want to mount a Surefire just to the left of the front sight tower on my RRA carbine.  I thought I had seen a mount that clamped around the barrel just under the front sight (sort of like the RRA side sling swivel) but I haven't been able to find one like this.

Any suggestions?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:35:13 AM EDT
[#1]
how much do you want to spend? Surefire makes almost exactly what you are looking for, I want one but it is very pricey.......... you can find them on Ebay cheaper.

link here

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:37:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Tapco and GG&G make one that mounts on the front sight tower. (I know that's not what you asked, but its close.)
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:04:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Surefire makes a mount that clamps on the barrel.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:10:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Not what you asked about, but you might consider keeping the weapon light out of your field of view.

I would suggest you take a look at this: www.makosecurity.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=SBS&Category_Code=RL
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:26:28 AM EDT
[#5]
i believe wilson combat's mounts on the left side of the FS.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:10:25 AM EDT
[#6]
THANK-YOU!!  The Mako bayonet lug mount was very close to what I was looking for.  It will put the flashlight just in front of the carbine forearm where it can be easily actuated with my left thumb.
I just ordered one.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:50:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I received the MAKO bayonet mout as described.  It fit very tightly on my RRA carbine.  I removed the front sling swivel to get a tighter fit with the set screws.  I mounted the Surefire in a Weaver type ring, and it looks like it will work just fine.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:37:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Think you might have been looking at this:

http://www.grsc.com/adapters.phpwww.grsc.com/adapters.php

Jake
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:46:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Or even take a look at one of these.  It is what I am using, its the first one on the page:

front sight mount

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:24:49 PM EDT
[#10]
At the top of the Home page click on the Big RED MI
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:02:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Wow, you guys are all high speed.  I just used a $5 barrel clamp from a shotgun like this one...

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top