BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/9/2005 3:29:48 PM EDT
here are some pics of my AP4(M4 type) in it's beginning stages and some of it's current life....some have seen these pics before and some have not.....please enjoy and comments(positive or negative are welcome and are appreciated)...

low down on the basics of my baby:

all basics(barrel, upper, lower, LPK, etc. are all original DPMS).....added an Aimpoint ML2 in a ARMS 22M68 mount, Surefire light with quick detach mount, single point sling plate, and single point sling custom made by me using an original HK claw hook for quick detach purposes......the rest of the gun is pretty much self explanitory....the HG's are YHM 2 piece aluminum 4 rail.....

here's the beginning:

here's pretty current:

another more current:

and one from today......in this pic we have my little "go to" set up.....also in the chair in front of the AR mags is my daily carry piece for my work....my Glock G31C.....but it got cut out of the pic....it is just standard all black factory Glock....it is the newer 3rd gen with the fully supported chamber......

please enjoy these pics and as said before, ALL comments(positive or negative) are very welcome and much appreciated....

thanks for looking

camaro

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:33:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I think we could appreciate it more if you had them outside in a natural setting.  The bedspread kind of kills the camo.

The weapon looks well thought out, and while I would have made a few more distinct colored areas to break things up, I like the over all finished product.

ETA-  Make sure you put pics up in the main picture thread....
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:52:57 PM EDT
[#2]
That camo matchs your bed sheets nicely!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:02:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, those bed sheets ruin the whole atmosphere! My god, take her outside boy!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:19:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice.  Just find some better bed sheets.

Max
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:21:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't normally care for camo-ed weapons, but I like what you did with yours.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:26:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:19:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Nice.  Just find some better bed sheets.

or throw em in the washer once in a while
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:21:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:44:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
From garbage, to crap, to shit.

WTF is your problem asshole?

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:45:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
here are some pics of my AP4(M4 type) in it's beginning stages and some of it's current life....some have seen these pics before and some have not.....please enjoy and comments(positive or negative are welcome and are appreciated)...

low down on the basics of my baby:

all basics(barrel, upper, lower, LPK, etc. are all original DPMS).....added an Aimpoint ML2 in a ARMS 22M68 mount, Surefire light with quick detach mount, single point sling plate, and single point sling custom made by me using an original HK claw hook for quick detach purposes......the rest of the gun is pretty much self explanitory....the HG's are YHM 2 piece aluminum 4 rail.....

here's the beginning:

i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/hotrod128zss/blackie003.jpg

here's pretty current:

i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/hotrod128zss/me001.jpg

another more current:

i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/hotrod128zss/MyToy001.jpg

and one from today......in this pic we have my little "go to" set up.....also in this pic you will see my daily carry piece for my work....my Glock G31C.....

i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/hotrod128zss/ar.jpg

please enjoy these pics and as said before, ALL comments(positive or negative) are very welcome and much appreciated....

thanks for looking

camaro

How do you like your ACU?

ETA:  That's one of the best home made camo jobs I've seen.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:47:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah!  

BTW Nice looking rifle, I like that ARMS set up with the aimpoint optics the best. You should try a specter sling though.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:11:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:12:14 PM EDT
[#13]
thanks for all the comments so far......and a big WOOHOOO for my 223 post......!!!!!!!!

on the bed sheets......the color shows up a little dingey in the pics.....always shows up that way from my digital camera for some reason.....the bed sheets are an "off white" color but in my pics they show up as being a little pinkish.....same for my boonie hat.....they both do not have a pink color , just looks that way in the picks......of course the bedsheets are my wifes touch for the bedroom....but she did pick out a nice all black comforter that is on the bed(can be barely seen in one of the pics)......

also in reference to me likeing the ACUs , i love em......fit great......and also in reference to my ARMS set up being liked, i forgot to add about the fact that with the ARMS 22M68, i am also employing an ARMS 40A2 for my rear BUIS in case it is not easily made out in the pics......my photography skills are not that good, but they are getting better......

keep the comments coming.....i always love the feedback i get from you guys here on AR15dot com.......

camaro
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:15:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
thanks for all the comments so far......

on the bed sheets......the color shows up a little dingey in the pics.....always shows up that way from my digital camera for some reason.....the bed sheets are an "off white" color but in my pics they show up as being a little pinkish.....same for my boonie hat.....they both do not have a pink color , just looks that way in the picks......of course the bedsheets are my wifes touch for the bedroom....but she did pick out a nice all black comforter that is on the bed(can be barely seen in one of the pics)......

also in reference to me likeing the ACUs , i love em......fit great......and also in reference to my ARMS set up being liked, i forgot to add about the fact that with the ARMS 22M68, i am also employing an ARMS 40A2 for my rear BUIS in case it is not easily made out in the pics......my photography skills are not that good, but they are getting better......

keep the comments coming.....i always love the feedback i get from you guys here on AR15dot com.......

camaro

You didn't celebrate post .223?!?!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:17:53 PM EDT
[#15]
thanks for pointing out the 223 post thing jjniven.......edited to celebrate it above....

camaro
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:18:33 PM EDT
[#16]
I like it. Nice setup and very well done camo...
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:22:28 PM EDT
[#17]
+10 for sweet rifle/camo job
-1.5 for empty mags
  8.5 solid
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:00:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A camoed DPMS.  Is he afraid the paper seeing him while he stalks it and getting off the first shot?

You're a peace of shit.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:19:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:01:04 PM EDT
[#20]
^
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:11:56 PM EDT
[#21]
I wouldnt worry about it too much, you didnt build it for him, you built it for you, and if its what you like, then you accomplished your job successfully.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:30:48 PM EDT
[#22]
To JJNIVEN wheres your AR I dont see any pics...oh you bought them from the fairy factory in fantasy land.Whats the law on bringing rifles from fantasy land to the real world fellas? oh I know 2 and your all set.I have a picture from your drivers license you look familiar..here seeyea thats you.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:45:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Good job... Looks nice...
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:20:21 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
To JJNIVEN wheres your AR I dont see any pics...oh you bought them from the fairy factory in fantasy land.Whats the law on bringing rifles from fantasy land to the real world fellas? oh I know 2 and your all set.I have a picture from your drivers license you look familiar..here seeyea thats you.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:04:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:12:37 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Top, bushy varminter, with a LW barrel
Bottom RRA, 15.1 chromelined (old pic, now has m4 RAS and aimpoint m3)

darth.xaled.com/files/m4a1varmint.jpg

Dude..........WTF......with a set up like that you're critical of some one else's weapons? Bet that tactical red dot co-witnesses nicely .

By the way nice camo job Camaro. How about taking some out door photos or at least against a solid background that provides good contrast.

JJ.....you comments were un called for. Get a decent set up on your own rig

Bomber
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:40:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:55:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Dude, I love you AR, DPMS rocks out with their cocks out , I use only DPMS parts all the fucking way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:56:56 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude..........WTF......with a set up like that you're critical of some one else's weapons? Bet that tactical red dot co-witnesses nicely .

By the way nice camo job Camaro. How about taking some out door photos or at least against a solid background that provides good contrast.

Bomber

What's wrong with my rig?   I just like causing hell in threads where people buy Ace stocks or camo their DPMS's

I do think that purposely "...causing hell in threads where people buy Ace stocks..." is a violation of the COC.  Especially in a technical forum.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:03:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:01:37 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bomber

What's wrong with my rig?   I just like causing hell in threads where people buy Ace stocks or camo their DPMS's

I do think that purposely "...causing hell in threads where people buy Ace stocks..." is a violation of the COC.  Especially in a technical forum.  

Then let this worthless thread die, like I hoped it would have by now.

The only thing sadder than your sorry ass is the fact the site staff hasn't done anything about it. Way to go staff....

As for the DPMS carbine. Awesome!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:12:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:52:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Ok Back on topic

Nice job looks good.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:04:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Well, the trash has been "cleaned up"!!  

Great, back on topic!!

Camaro128, I like the camo job--a lot!!

ETA:  I am working on some outdoor shots with my camo stuff.   Have not found the right recipe yet.  Outdoor shots of yours would be very cool!!  

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:03:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Could someome alert the mods in the treehouse please?

This is his MO; he makes an inlamatory comment, waits for retribution from team members, and then edits all of his posts with a period.

I've seen him do this on many occasions and I say it's time we put a stop to this.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:07:26 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

This is his MO; he makes an inlamatory comment, waits for retribution from team members, and then edits all of his posts with a period.

I've seen him do this on many occasions and I say it's time we put a stop to this.

I edit them because I get over my rant and try to unclutter the thread.  I contribute my part to REAL threads, not these consistently stupid ones asking about airsoft or using cheap knock offs.  We have a PICTURE THREAD!.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:30:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Looks nice.  

Now some pics to get this back on track......

Quoted:

here's pretty current:

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:37:36 AM EDT
[#38]
dead sexy!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:43:14 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I edit them because I get over my rant and try to unclutter the thread.  I contribute my part to REAL threads, not these consistently stupid ones asking about airsoft or using cheap knock offs.  We have a PICTURE THREAD!.

Yes we do have a picture thread but this guy wanted opinions from others.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:51:01 AM EDT
[#40]
thats a perfect paint job. blending the colors together is the only way to go, making a few more distinct colored areas to break things up would in fact make it stick out. well done thats has to be one of the best looking setups ive seen.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:39:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Digital camo blends in really well with your bed sheets. I didn't notice the boonie at first. Must come in handy when you're trying to sneak up on the Missus for some backdoor action at 3am.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:20:41 PM EDT
[#42]
great gun! no gimmicks, wise selection of parts and a unique camo.
But those pics stink and don't do the gun justice. You might try and put it on the pavement or somewhere outside for photo ops.
At least the pics show you have your priorities right: the gun's furniture looks way better than the house's furniture.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:30:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Nice job on the AR!

I wish I had a lock/ban button sometimes.

Danny
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:59:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Hi camaro,

I really like your camo job....good work there. How did you do it?

Also, do you find that the YHM 2 piece rails add appreciable weight to the build? I have an M4gery that I was considering getting these rails for but am undecided.

Thanks,

Rob

P.S...to everybody else.....please don't feed the . It's a shame to see a build thread with this crap in it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:19:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:33:24 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
jjniven, this is your ONLY warning. Do NOT pull such a stunt again in the Tech forums. PERIOD.

Apparently, he's been locked.  'Bout time.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=75&t=378199
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:49:12 PM EDT
[#47]
not bad, I think its a dam good
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:23:01 PM EDT
[#48]
thanks hawkeye
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#49]
I had to laugh when I read the calls for a ban.  

"The Pot Calling the Kettle Black" expression came to mind.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:46:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top