Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2005 5:55:21 PM EDT
what is the major diff betweent he civi version vs the military version and which is the best choice for my bushmaster 16" m4? thanks guys for any info. also shoot me some pics of you s.i.r. get ups. thanks

by the way I already have an knights system on it but want a change.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:02:25 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
what is the major diff betweent he civi version vs the military version and which is the best choice for my bushmaster 16" m4? thanks guys for any info. also shoot me some pics of you s.i.r. get ups. thanks

Assuming you're talking about the original ARMS 45M vs 45C, the main difference is that to install the M model you have to remove the delta ring. The C model fits with the delta ring in place. Here's pics of my 45M:

On the C model, there is an opening and clearance for the delta ring. I don't think there is any real advantage to the M model - I bought mine because I got it at a really good price and would have bought a C type if one had been available instead. The M version does "look" better though.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:05:34 PM EDT
[#2]
wow that does look good. is that rear sight the #40 standard?

will a arms #58m mod work with a bushmaster 16 inch?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:15:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Yes.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:04:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.

would it look good with a 16 inch, also is it very hard to install that model? sorry fro all the questions, jsut wnat to make the right choice
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:07:11 PM EDT
[#5]
The 58MOD will work with the 16" barrel. I had one on my 14.5" barrel and it looked pretty nice. If I can find a picture I will email it to you.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:29:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The 58MOD will work with the 16" barrel. I had one on my 14.5" barrel and it looked pretty nice. If I can find a picture I will email it to you.

Well, if you do find it, can you email it to me, too?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:45:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.

would it look good with a 16 inch, also is it very hard to install that model? sorry fro all the questions, jsut wnat to make the right choice

The 58MOD requires the removal of the delta ring and the forward handguard cap so it's slightly more time consuming to prep the upper for the S.I.R. ....Installation is 5 minutes and change like all of the S.I.R.s

Here's a photo of a #58M-MOD on my 14.5" stag upper with PRI flip up front sight.

And here's another one on my 14.5" bushmaster upper with a fixed FSB:

Hope that helps

It's my favorite of the available S.I.R. systems.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:15:03 AM EDT
[#8]
BTW......removing the forward handguard cap even on FF handguards that don't require it is good because it allows greater airflow. I remove them from all of my AR's. If it's un-necessary....ditch it ;)
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:25:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.

The 58MOD requires the removal of the delta ring and the forward handguard cap so it's slightly more time consuming to prep the upper for the S.I.R. ....Installation is 5 minutes and change like all of the S.I.R.s

Here's a photo of a #58M-MOD on my 14.5" stag upper with PRI flip up front sight.

freesites.pshift.net/~vtdefender/58mod1.jpg

And here's another one on my 14.5" bushmaster upper with a fixed FSB:

freesites.pshift.net/~vtdefender/58mod.jpg

Hope that helps

It's my favorite of the available S.I.R. systems.

VT that is almost exactly what mine looked like  so thanks fro the post.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:12:04 PM EDT
[#10]
thanks for all the info guys, I was thinking about getting the the 58mod. for my bushy. I would just feel bette with a fre floater. Now what kind of scope would go well with the 58mod and a 16' 1/9 bush?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top