Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2005 3:31:08 PM EDT
I took off my A2 flash suppressor earlier this week.  I wanted to check the crown I gave it.  The crown was full of carbon crude.  The standard flash suppressor has a small chamber before entering the slotted section.  I suspect that this traps the dirt and deposits it on the crown.  I checked another AR; it too had the same crude.  My two AR's without a flash suppressor have clean crowns; the crude must be blown away when the bullet exits the barrel.

Does anyone make, or has anyone experimented with making or modifying, a standard flash suppressor to alleviate carbon crude build-up?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:35:55 PM EDT
[#1]
It is perfectly normal for carbon to build up on the crown. Just leave it. It enventually breaks off on it's own. You have a better chance of damaging the crown than actually getting the carbon off trying to scrape it off.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top