Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2005 5:43:29 AM EDT
Got several accessories from YHM, Leapers & First Samco.
Putting them together was difficult.
Had to file the First Samco FAS3 Scorpion mount to go on YHM rails, but everything was loose on the Leapers UFIR rail... What gives ?

I'm having the impression YHM rails are bigger than the mil-1913 specs while Leapers and First Samco are smaller. Is this right ?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 5:45:08 AM EDT
[#1]
There is talk that the YHM FF tubes are out of spec - I know that it took my wife and I (plus a dremel tool) to get the TD VG on.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:54:35 AM EDT
[#2]
they are not out of spec.

YHM gets very close to the 0.367 dimension.  Some accessories are made with dimensions that will not fit in the "stem" of the "mushroom"

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:35:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Fobus products are slightly out of spec - but they can be made to work.

Leapers - WTF would you want chi-com crap on your rifle?  No kidding they are not to spec.

YHM works hard at being in spec.  They are not quite as consistant as say Daniels Defense or Troy.  But they are farily close.  The only real issues are those grooves running down the center of some of their rails. It makes attachmetn of the KAC or GG&G VFGs problematic.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:42:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Leapers - WTF would you want chi-com crap on your rifle?  No kidding they are not to spec.

YHM works hard at being in spec.  They are not quite as consistant as say Daniels Defense or Troy.  But they are farily close.  The only real issues are those grooves running down the center of some of their rails. It makes attachmetn of the KAC or GG&G VFGs problematic.

Yep Fobus stuff I put on needed a bit shaved off to fit easily on my YHM rails. Everything else went on fine.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:46:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep Fobus stuff I put on needed a bit shaved off to fit easily on my YHM rails. Everything else went on fine.

I wouldn't dismiss the Fobus products as out of spec.  Rather, I would call it what it is... production variations.  These ARE plastics

I use the M33 handguards and the FAS2 mount for my G2.  No problems
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:13:36 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I wouldn't dismiss the Fobus products as out of spec.  Rather, I would call it what it is... production variations.  These ARE plastics

of course the two Fobus products will work together - they are both made to the same spec (which is NOT identical to M1913).

I found real M1913 spec items are a bit loose on the Fobus rails (but usable) and the Fobus items are tight on M1913 rails (some to the point they won't work w/o modification).
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:25:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

of course the two Fobus products will work together - they are both made to the same spec (which is NOT identical to M1913).

I found real M1913 spec items are a bit loose on the Fobus rails (but usable) and the Fobus items are tight on M1913 rails (some to the point they won't work w/o modification).

My Insight M3 weapon light IS a bitch to get on there...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top