Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2005 4:59:53 PM EDT
Looking at all the painting threads i have not seen anything addressing on whether or not to spray over everything or dissemble the gun and spray individual parts.

Can someone help me here?

thanks
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:12:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I was reading one today actually, but i can't find it...

It showed the parts stripped, but clearly stated that you could paint without stripping it.

i think it's all in how you want the end product to come out.  my opinion is strip it down as far as your knowledge will allow you, paint, then reassemble.  once you've painted each major component seperately, put back together, and put last coat on to make more uniform...  then you can put all the smaller parts back on.

theres obviously more to it than this, i'm just summing it up the best i can.

BTW: the only painting i've done is model cars so my opinion is based on my inferior knowledge... maybe someone else can say my opinion is good or bad...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top