Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2005 8:17:46 AM EDT
I just got my RRA stripped lower in the other day.  It needs a parts set.

Should I go with the standard parts set with regular trigger, then just upgrade the trigger, or do parts kits come with a better trigger as an option?  

Can someone please list and explain the different type of triggers on the market?  I'm going to build a flat top style with EOtech, light barrel, 14.5 and a flash hider, 1:9 twist.   A lightweight, fast shooter.

I'm probably going to want a trigger like that on my walther.  Double action first shot, single second... If they make 'em that way.  Maybe 6lb/4lb.

THANKS!
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 12:37:49 AM EDT
[#1]
First, I would highly suggest you use the SEARCH function...

To give you a quick run down:
There is no such thing as a Double Action AR trigger.  For all intents and purposes, they are all Single Action triggers.

There are two basic types, Single Stage and Two Stage.  The single stage has a constant pull weight until it breaks (typical Single Action trigger).  The Two Stage has a reasonably light pull weight as you takeup what I would call "slack" in the trigger.  As you pull further you will reach a noticable stop.  It then takes a slightly heavier pull weight to break the trigger.  Single stage is most common.  Two stage triggers are typically used on accuracy rigs.

Most stock triggers are single stage with a pull weight roughly between 5-11lbs.  Although heavy, most triggers from top tier manufacturers are reliable.

If you want to spend the money there are great aftermarket triggers available from JP Enterprises, Jewel, Chip McCormick, JARD, RAA, KAC, etc.  All of these triggers offer light pulls in the 3-4lb range.  Some are adjustable.  IIRC, all are two stage except the JP and some of the McCormicks.  The JARD might be single stage as well.  I run the JP trigger on all of my guns.  

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 12:41:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Accuracy Speaks makes a good single stage, IIRC.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top