Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2004 8:56:50 AM EDT
A2 mount ($8) or Ultralux A2 mount ($22)?

Link: http://www.model1sales.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=SMR001&storeid=1&image=mountring.gif&CFID=3861765&CFTOKEN=58735388&jsessionid=84305420eaa4z$29$F6$

Also would you opt for a national match front sight? What is the diffrence?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:30:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:39:02 AM EDT
[#3]
The consensus here is pretty much: "skip the mount, and get a flat top upper.. that way you're 1/2 way to another rifle also."
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:49:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Their "UltraLux" mount looks like a remake of the ARMS #2 that I use on my scoped Colt A2 HBAR:

If you must mount an optic on an A2 carry handle the ARMS style setup is the one to beat. Before you do that however, please consider the wisdom of 603p's advice by looking at the following pic:

See the profound difference in height over bore between the first pic and the second? That extra height is a real pain in the ass. On my rig in the first pic I have to use a cheekpiece, which makes using the iron sights impossible.

There are some optics like ACOGs than have an integral carry handle mount that improves the situation:

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:16:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a mount that looks like the ultrulux.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top