Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2004 9:51:02 PM EDT
DOH ... I need you guy's help.  I took my TA31F off the flat mount so I can mount it on the A3 removable carrying handle.  This is because I wanted the irons as backups, through the little hole at the bottom of the TA31F.

However ... I have two carrying handles.  One from a bushmaster and another from a LE6920.  I recently got a ARMS 40 and slapped that on the bushmaster.  However, the front post of the bushmaster was too low.  This leads me to believe that out of the two carrying handles, the one w/ the higher rear sights is the one that belongs to the Colt.

The only difference I see is a marking on the opposite of the windage adjustment screw.  One of them has a "A3" with a slight gap between the carrying handle and the rear sight.  One of them doesn't have any visible markings w/ no gap between the handle and rear sight (lower - I suspect this is the BM).

Can one of you w/ a LE6920 check the carrying handle?  Is there a gap?  Marking?

HELP!  I don't want to end up at the range w/ the wrong carrying handle.   Yes, I can just bring the other one too, but that means I have to take apart the TA31F at the range, a lot of hassle.

TIA.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:10:38 PM EDT
[#1]
tagged
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 2:14:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Based on the descriptions given, the A3 marked should be the Colt and the one without any markings should be the BM.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:26:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Based on the descriptions given, the A3 marked should be the Colt and the one without any markings should be the BM.  

Sweet, this is what I thought too, thanks!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:47:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine have "M4" stamped in the very front of the handle. Look at the handle while on the rail, right above the rail at the very from aprox 1/8" lettering is M4. Don't ask me how I found it, must have been during a bonding session...lol

Geo
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:55:08 PM EDT
[#5]
With that ARMS #40 BUIS on your Bushmaster, you now need a taller front site post; the ARMS rear site is calibrated for the "standard" front post (Colt's) which is taller than the one Bushmaster installs.  You can get one from Brownells for $10.46
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:35:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
With that ARMS #40 BUIS on your Bushmaster, you now need a taller front site post; the ARMS rear site is calibrated for the "standard" front post (Colt's) which is taller than the one Bushmaster installs.  You can get one from Brownells for $10.46

About the BM taller front post, I already ordered it a few days ago.

Also, the A3 carrying handle was the right one for the colt.  First I sighted in the TA31F, then used the irons.  Yes, given the grouping wasn't as good as the ACOG (duh), the see-through hole worked like a charm.  So now the COLT doesn't need a BUIS anymore.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top