Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2004 8:18:23 PM EDT
Where can I find info on the new weapons.  I've looked at sites which tell that the new round does and doesn't fit the ar magazine.  Can an 6.8 upper fit on a standard lower and other differences/likenesess?  One of the officers has asked me what I compare the recoil too in an ar setup.  He's considering  building.  Who's manufacturing ar's/parts for the 6.8?  Thanks for any information.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:31:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's the two best resources I know of:

ARFCOM 6.8SPC Thread

Zak Smith's 6.8 SPC FAQ

Hope this helps...
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:19:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Where can I find info on the new weapons.  I've looked at sites which tell that the new round does and doesn't fit the ar magazine.  Can an 6.8 upper fit on a standard lower and other differences/likenesess?  One of the officers has asked me what I compare the recoil too in an ar setup.  He's considering  building.  Who's manufacturing ar's/parts for the 6.8?  Thanks for any information.

Read the links above first.

The round will 'fit' inside a .223/5.56 magazine, but if you put more than 5 or 6, they bulge and don't work properly.

Yes a 6.8 upper will fit a standard ar15 lower.

The recoil is said to be between 5.56 and 7.62x51.

Parts can be gotten from Model 1 sales (beware- do search on ar15.com)
or a couple of other guys on the Eq Exchange have uppers/parts as well (recommended)
Equipment Exchange

I think maybe MSTN, EagleFirearms and JTac.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:09:37 AM EDT
[#3]

As pretty much stated before, it's designed to use the standard AR lower.  I got mags from PRI (who just raised his prices by 5 bucks each!) and I got the upper due any day now from BravoComoanyUSA.com.  I live in an AW Ban state and Paul special ordered a ban compliant barrel for me.  Great guy and very nice to deal with.  

Quoted:

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top