Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2004 12:58:07 PM EDT
Just got my YHM HG's from Brighflashlights....and they look great.  I know how they go on, but anyone find anything to make installtion any easier?  I don't have a HG removal tool, and from what  I've read so far they're going to be tight, so I don't want to start with the dremel.  So what you guys found that makes installtion a little easier?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:04:31 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I don't have a HG removal tool, and from what  I've read so far they're going to be tight, so I don't want to start with the dremel.  So what you guys found that makes installtion a little easier?

You don't need that tool.  Just get a buddy to help with them.  You'll get em on.  Then post some pic's.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:49:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I have them and I recommend getting the tool in case you want to remove them and have no one to help.  The tool is well worth the money.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:51:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Definatly get the handguard tool.  That way you won't scratch your delta ring upon assembly, like I did.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:54:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, it took a dremel and a rubber hammer to get them on, but they are solid.  I had to open up the slot that goes around the barrel nut quite a bit, and take some off the the front end, both on the top piece.  Beat up the barrel nut and the delta ring a little, but aluma balck took care of that.

I plan on getting at least two more sets, but if they're like this pair, I'll have someone more skilled than I am to install them.    Great handguards, at a great price.  Calvin at BrightFlashlights.com is great to do business with!    
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:06:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Another Dremel victory!!!!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:24:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I had major problems with mine so calvin and I decided on the FF tubes since it was such a hassle.  And I can't be more happy!!  Calvin is excellent to deal with.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:06:44 AM EDT
[#7]
+1 for Kevin and Calvin at Brightflashlights. Those guys kick ass. I jusy got my hand guards yesterday. Went on without modification. I did it myself with a padded benchvise holding the FSB.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top