Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/25/2004 7:30:17 AM EDT
1.  Red dot optic was mounted directly onto flattop of my carbine and zeroed.
2.  I purchased a BUIS, so, lacking a riser I removed red dot and installed/zeroed the BUIS
3.  finally bought a riser at a gun show this weekend, installed with mounted red dot in front of the BUIS, and low and behold - immediate co-witness.

Seriously, what are the odds?  Happen to anyone else?  I know the red dot must be zeroed because the BUIS is zeroed and hasn't been removed since zeroing.

ETA:  I'll have to post the after-range report after this Sat.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:14:05 AM EDT
[#1]

Oh come on...

Furthermore, is anyone familair with a polymer rear BUIS (I guess BUPS) - nonflip?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:21:11 AM EDT
[#2]
What are the odds, you ask? Well the odds were obviously in your favor. Don't mock the AR Gods over your good fortune.

Now, go forth and enjoy your new toy............
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:02:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Indeed I will
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:03:13 PM EDT
[#4]
If you want to know if that is coincidence, list the names of the parts you used.  

Odds are, if you use good name brand parts it is not a coincidence...
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:05:52 PM EDT
[#5]
[spock] 1,763,532 to 1 [/spock]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:24:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If you want to know if that is coincidence, list the names of the parts you used.  

LOL! - unknown make flattop upper receiver (with DPMS barrel), generic flattop riser, and Tasco 30mm red dot.

(just for kicks, the rest:  Bushy stock, colt bolt/carrier, Eagle Arms lower, Colt lower parts - all installed by yours truly)
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:59:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL! - unknown make flattop upper receiver (with DPMS barrel), generic flattop riser, and Tasco 30mm red dot.

(just for kicks, the rest:  Bushy stock, colt bolt/carrier, Eagle Arms lower, Colt lower parts - all installed by yours truly)

Boy that helps.  

Just kidding.

The name of the riser is what I was looking for.  How does the red dot attach?  Directly to the rail?  Or is it in a ring like an Aimpoint?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:06:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Boy that helps.  

Just kidding.

The name of the riser is what I was looking for.  How does the red dot attach?  Directly to the rail?  Or is it in a ring like an Aimpoint?

The riser is a generic one, doesn't have a name.  The red dot attaches directly to the rail.  Whatcha think?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:49:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Even with my Gucci guns this has never happened.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:14:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Boy that helps.  

Just kidding.

The riser is a generic one, doesn't have a name.  The red dot attaches directly to the rail.  Whatcha think?

In that case I would say you got lucky.  Maybe the mount is AR-specific, maybe not.  Either way, it works, so who cares?

Just go and shoot the thing!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top