Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2004 8:08:08 PM EDT
I've decided on the sps, looking at GRSC, and wilderness.  I want something durable, but unobstrusive.  Not sure how the plastic buckles would hold up, or if they would be in the way.  Any input on slings and attachement plates would be appreciated.  Thanks
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:12:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I like my CQB solutions(specter gear) Mout sling.
www.spectergear.com/
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:12:16 PM EDT
[#2]
GRSC rocks.... only negatives are sometimes they slip a bit and loosen(tape solves and makes sure no slipping) and the brass hasp does mark up your lower a bit.

I have the CQB solutions/Spectre MOUT sling.... and I keep going back and forth.  The GRSC is more comfortable because it is 1.5" as opposed to 1.25".... and it seems more durable than the spectre, because of the metal clasp and the attaching point to the rifle wont wear out and break with friction.

In the end, the GRSC will be cheaper to use on multiple weapons, because all you need is the single point plate... and the round ones for the GRSC are more plentiful and cheaper.  The MOUT sling requires extra mounting connectors at $5 each per rifle....
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:17:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Take a look at Tactical Advantage as well.  Their sling mount is one of the best I've seen, very versatile.  I'm also very happy with the 680 QRB I got from them as well.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:19:43 PM EDT
[#4]
My favorite is the KAC sling mount. It is a plate, but has a ball bearing loaded swivel. Very easy to use.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:26:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:38:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I also like my CQB Solutions (oops...I mean Spectre) MOUT sling.  I love being able to instantly detach the sling from the rifle.  I'm usually the driver or front seat passenger in my SWAT team's Peacekeeper armored car.  When I used the CQB Solutions CST sling it would hang up on everything in the car when I crawled around inside.  Since I swithced to the MOUT sling there are no more problems .
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:47:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Giles in a GG&G or Daniel Defense mount.

Single point slings get  A LOT of movement wear and NONE on the market are as tough as the Giles sling.

Of course the trade off is to a certain degree it lacks that "comfy & cozy" factor that so many seem to want.

I agree with Lumpy on the Giles sling.  But I prefer the GRSC sling plate and use a small carabiner to connect my Giles SPS to the carbine.    It gives me an easy on/easy off capability and puts the sling loop low enough I don't trim any flesh off my hand when I fumble through a clearing drill.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:39:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Wilderness Giles single point sling with a KAC QD mount.

I use it for my 614 as a range convenience - not wanting to lay the gun in the dirt, but I'm still kinda undecided on singlepoint slings for "tactical" use. The gun hangs straight down, pointing at the feet and seems to bob around more than a Giles sling
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:56:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I use the Giles.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:57:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
My favorite is the KAC sling mount. It is a plate, but has a ball bearing loaded swivel. Very easy to use.

Yea. And we all want one but can't get one! Actually I'd take two if I could find 'em. Until that day....

Oh yea, I really like my CQB HST sling and the CQB MOUT sling. Have them both. Looking at the Troy sling, but like the KAC mount, it to is not available.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:25:24 AM EDT
[#11]
I  looked at many single point  slings, ended up making my own.

TG
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:34:18 AM EDT
[#12]
tag for later. I'm looking for one also.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:42:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Single point slings and mounts are like holsters - everyone has their favorite, but you end up with a box full until you find what works for you.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:25:36 AM EDT
[#14]
What's up with GRSC anyway? The site www.snapsling.com seems to be gone.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:31:51 AM EDT
[#15]
I use Z-M Systems single point bungee sling and like it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:29:02 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I use Z-M Systems single point bungee sling and like it.

+1
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:02:02 AM EDT
[#17]
ive been using the BlackHawk CQD Sling Black w/ Sling Cover for many years and i wouldnt change for anything else.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:06:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top