Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2004 9:14:48 AM EDT
I would think that Armalite and Colt would be one and two, but when did all these other companies get on board?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:43:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Olympic Arms would have been next IIRC.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:24:35 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Olympic Arms would have been next IIRC.

Yeah Olympic I know made some receivers for Frankford Arsenal which made some XM177 select fire models, I have a pic of one of these. Seems in early days Olympic was more into manufacturing than marketing and selling to the public like they do now.  

I'm don't know if they were third manufacturer ever though. I would think some gov't contractors like Harrington & Richardson and GM would have been making them before that.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:43:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm don't know if they were third manufacturer ever though. I would think some gov't contractors like Harrington & Richardson and GM would have been making them before that.

They made M16s - I don't think they were every marked 'AR-15', nor were they sold to the public.

I was commenting on public sales - if you include military production then you are right GM or H&R would be 3rd.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:51:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Olympic? That's surprizing, when did the others come to play?

Bushmaster
RRA
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:28:50 PM EDT
[#5]
RRA is a newcomer.  They made very nice 1911s for some time but they've only been in the AR business for a few years.

I think Oly and Bushmaster have been making ARs since the mid 80s.

DPMS started making ARs in the early 90s.  they barely beat the AW ban.

I think Eagle started in the mid 90s.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top