Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2004 8:43:08 PM EDT
I bought a collapsable stock from him here our last Dulles Expo (the Nation's) Gun Show. He is a heck of a nice guy. The stock is well built and was fairly priced.

I didn't get a chance however to closely examine his upper/barrel assemblies that he had on display (I had my 5 year old with me and we had already been at the show for 3 hours and we had reached our limit, even I was dizzy by that point)... but all the parts looked nicely finished. I took a catologue home.

His prices seem very reasonable... i.e. completed standard barreled (carbine and rifle) uppers (includeds bolt carrier group, charging handle, etc) in the $325 to $400 price range and other "special" variations (with bull barrels, FF rails, milled railed gas blocks, etc) up to the $500 price point.

I never shot any of his stuff, nor do I know of anyone that has. Does anyone here have any opinions on his uppers? I am working on a couple builds and I am thinking his stuff might be a great alternative to some of the bigger names, specifically, Bushmaster, with respect to quality and price.

I don't think he has a web site.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:11:00 AM EDT
[#1]
So has anyone bought an upper from Tony's Or does anyone have any further info they can share? Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:23:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I have purchased some buffer tubes, and other small parts from them (no uppers) and the quality seems to be nice. They also come to the gunshows in Lansing and Grand Rapids, MI.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:40:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Garrison Mfg Inc is in Delta...
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:33:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I've bought small parts from him and have no complaints.  No experience with the uppers but they look like decent quality.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:50:10 PM EDT
[#5]
EX of M1s head lady/plus formerly of Sunnvalley sales as inexpartner to current owner
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:13:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
EX of M1s head lady/plus formerly of Sunnvalley sales as inexpartner to current owner

What the hell language are you speaking?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:51:16 PM EDT
[#7]
PROS:
He knows his ARs
He puts uppers/lowers together to spec
He knows how to troubleshoot and fix an AR
He has TONS of parts at a fair price

CONS:
Typical Gypse gun dealer, makes the rounds of the shows
Has parts of questionable origin/make
Often does not have an upper in a given configuration
No waranty unless you can buy on Saturday, test that day, and catch him Sunday for problems

Tony is one heck of a nice guy, he's always at the C&E show in Richmond, which is where I go to get parts from him.  I did buy an A2 HBAR and a bull barrel flat top upper from him a few years ago, and they were fairly price and worked well.  I have since sold both and purchased a chrome lined bore BM A2 and a RRA bull barrel stainless, since Tony didn't have chrome bores when I was in the market and the flat top bull that I bought would not deliver MOA accuracy (new one does 1/2 MOA).  The A2 is still going strong in my brother's hands, though, many thousands of rounds later.  The guy that I sold the flat top bull barreled one to through GunBroker never complained.

I guess the short answer is, if you don't really care where the parts are from, as long as they're in spec enough to work and blast, it'll probably do fine for you.

Remember, in the gun world, like cars and cosmetic surgery, you get ONLY what you pay for, and nothing more.  That said, I always buy small parts from him, usually every Richmond show, but I've decided that when it comes to uppers, my taste and $$ is running more to accuracy and I really want to know where all the parts came from in the barrel/upper/bolt/carrier.  I've had too many problems with (name of a West Coast AR manufacturer) out of spec and other mil reject/de mil stuff breaking on me.

Tom
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:57:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
So has anyone bought an upper from Tony's Or does anyone have any further info they can share? Thanks!

Wasn't Sherluk's from Delta, OH?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:23:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wasn't Sherluk's from Delta, OH?

Lyons Ohio
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top