Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2004 3:59:28 PM EDT
Well I went got my first AR-15 few years back, and thought that the A2 carry handles were cat's meow, so that's what I got.   After many tries to get various types of optics on it, I finally gave up and swapped out the upper to an A3.  Bought a new NoBan (woohoo!!) and its an A3 too, so....

Whadoo I do with these left-over mounts??  I've got a PRI EOtech mount meant to co-witness over carbine sized handguards, and an El-cheapo weaver style that mounts right over the handle itself.  I've though about just selling them and being done with it, but I'm the type of person that has this thing about getting rid of good equipment, even if I dont need it?  So should I just stash them back and wait for that XM177 I might want to build one day?

Any thoughts??

Tex78

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:53:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been into AR's since 1975 and have built every new option that comes out. After saying that I always go back to my two favorites a 1975 20"SP and a 1979 lightweight carbine both with A1 sights. It's just what's comfortable for me. I'd keep them for a while. Remember what's old style now seems to always be "new" again in the future. Look at todays cars and trucks.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top