Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2004 2:46:11 PM EDT
I need to know how much post-ban rifles are being sold for in those free states that permit the people to own NO ban rifles. I am just curious if the post bans are dropping in price now that they may no longer be that desirable comapred to a complete un-neutered rifle. I live in a small community that does not have a very good gun shop and I need help from those who have better access to new AR's.

Thank you!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:14:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't expect them to drop very much at all. With the ban being lifted, you can now add all the "pre ban" features to what was your "post ban" weapon.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:23:17 PM EDT
[#2]
bushmaster xm-15es or whatever they are called with all evil features are $819 on my dealers shelves.  when they can keep them there.  they really have pretty good prices for the area.  even when they were 'post' they only ran about $719-749 depending on barrel length and actual year they were being sold.  

99% of the reason they are where they are is because of the distributor/shipping costs...

david

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:56:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I've not heard of ANY prices dropping since the AWB died...But you can still get a post-ban Colt MT6400c in Indy for about $900. (no change in price for about 2 yrs)
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:26:53 AM EDT
[#4]
TWo questions:
1. Are the post ban rifles moving?
2. How many post bans are in the distribution system? How many months until the current supply of post bans are gone and nothing but a steady stream of No bans?

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top