User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2004 2:46:38 AM EDT
Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:48:33 AM EDT
[#1]
By the time you buy all the Special tools that you would need just to remove the barrel you could just send it to www.adcofirearms.com/shopservices.cfm and come out way ahead.  The threads on the barrel are 1/2x28 and the barrel has to be turned back some where around 1/2" I'm sure someone will be along shortly to give you the exact dimensions.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:57:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I am not really comfortable shipping a gun through the mail, even if it is just the upper. Plus I know a few othr people who want theirs done, so I can do theirs and make up for the cost of the tools hopefully.

Josh
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:09:24 AM EDT
[#3]
You will need a receiver vice block and a barrel wrench.  Headspacing will not be affected as this is set at the factory.

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/gunsmith/om-003.asp

www.dpmsinc.com/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=TL-MW
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:20:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I work for an FFL. We mail long guns and uppers all the time. Don't be scared.

r/s

Dan
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:47:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You will need a receiver vice block and a barrel wrench.  Headspacing will not be affected as this is set at the factory.

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/gunsmith/om-003.asp

www.dpmsinc.com/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=TL-MW

Thanks, just what I wanted to know. I thought that was all I needed.

Still need to know where to get the Handguard, And the thread specs though.

Josh
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:52:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Ask Kurt in the Industry section Kurts Kustom Firearms.  He's an AR guru and damn good machinist/gunsmith.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:35:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Ask Kurt in the Industry section Kurts Kustom Firearms.  He's an AR guru and damn good machinist/gunsmith.

K thanks, sent him an email.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:16:49 AM EDT
[#8]
New Question added
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:28:47 AM EDT
[#9]
get the phantom and the YHM from Brightflashlights in the industry forum.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:39:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
When I remove my barrel to have it threaded will I need to check my headspacing when I reassemble it? It is the chrome lined HBAR 1/9 Bushmaster Barrel.  As long as its the same bolt and barrel the headspace will not have changed upon disassembly/reassembly.

Also where is the best place to get the Phantom 52c from, and YHM's 2 Piece 4 rail aluminum handguard, and the tools needed for the barrel removal.

Thanks,
Josh

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:38:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
When I remove my barrel to have it threaded will I need to check my headspacing when I reassemble it? It is the chrome lined HBAR 1/9 Bushmaster Barrel.  As long as its the same bolt and barrel the headspace will not have changed upon disassembly/reassembly.

Also where is the best place to get the Phantom 52c from, and YHM's 2 Piece 4 rail aluminum handguard, and the tools needed for the barrel removal.

Thanks,
Josh

Thats what I thought but im new to this so I wanted to make sure everything was OK before hand..... Got a bunch of parts headed my way now :)

YHM 2 Peice Handguard
Phantom FS
DPMS Multitool, Upper Vice Block, Punch Set
First Samco Grip
And lots of other Misc things :)

Now I just got to order the skeleton stock that I want :). And hope that all my barrel threading stuff goes ok :p

Thanks for all your help everyone. I hope to become a contributing member to this forum as I learn more, and will be doing a membership donation as soon as I get some spare funds into my paypal account :)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top