Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2004 6:55:09 PM EDT
Im building my CAR-15 M1S. And i cannot get the hammer pin through theres a peice of metal blocking it. Any help would be great.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:57:36 PM EDT
[#1]
that is normal you need to push the long in of the pin in first. this will help you need to align the holes up too at the same time use a punch to help guide it from the other side.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:57:58 PM EDT
[#2]
That's likely the J-pin in the hammer.  See the slot in the middle of your hammer pin.  The J-pin in the hammer locks into that to help prevent the pin from walking out under fire.  You sometimes have to give it a tap to get the pin past the J-pin.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:00:00 PM EDT
[#3]
How much of a tap.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:00:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How much of a tap.

Light tap with a standard hammer should do it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:06:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Align the receiver holes with the hole in the hammer.  Push a pin in from both sides to keep everyting aligned.  They will stop when they hit the "J" pin.  Tap the pin you want to use to secure the hammer with a standard hammer.  Once it gets past the "J" pin it's smooth sailing.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:57:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I got the pin past the j-spring know i cant get the saftey in the back of the trigger is blocking it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:48:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I got the pin past the j-spring know i cant get the saftey in the back of the trigger is blocking it.

Put the selector in and rotate it about halfway between fire and safe.  It should push in with a little wiggling at that point.  FWIW, I always install my selector lever first.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:28:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I can get it in but then the hammer does not drop.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top