Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2004 11:13:37 AM EDT
Hi everyone,
I bought this Colt LE model A3. I had a problem with the original carry handle, so the dealer offered to exchange it for me. The new one I got has a logo right in front of the rear sight assembly (the other didn't have this). I posted this at a non-AR board and was told it was probably a Bushmaster.

The dealer (who has been very nhice to deal with I might add) was sure he took it off a Colt rifle, so now I'm thoroughly confused. Could you guys help confirm who manufactured this carry handle? Thanks in advance.
pic
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:46:39 PM EDT
[#1]
btt.

anyone please?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:51:33 PM EDT
[#2]
The forging mark on the carry handle is from a company called Cardinal Forge.  They supply raw forgings to all the major manufacturers, so it is very difficult to know who actually finished it.  It could be Colt, as I hear that these carry handles have been seen on NIB Colts.  They have also been seen on RRA, Bushmaster, etc.  From my experience, these carry handles are very good quality and should serve your purpose.

Due to the difference in color shade, my gut says that the carry handle is likely NOT Colt, but that is just a guess based on color.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:52:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Okay, thanks very much for the info.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top