Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2004 8:05:28 AM EDT
Hey guys, I think it was in this section a little while back there was a discussion about how many AR's were out there. Could someone show me the way? Thanks. I'm referring to production numbers over the years, not number of brands or anything.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:37:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Last I heard it was over 6-7 million M16s.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:32:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Combat_Diver.  The thread I'm thinking of had numbers like Colt's approximate production over the years of civilian AR's , and the various other companies like Bushy and so on. I'm trying to get some numbers to show how the AWB didn't do diddly to stop AR's and stuff from getting out there. Anyone  got any leads? Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:22:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I also read and have the numbers somewhere, but cannot find right now

I found THIS but the info at the bottom of the page isnt dated- which is everything using this chart

I recall the annual numbers being something like...................

Bushmaster 45,000 annually
Colt            39,000
etc.
etc.
down to those specialty builders @<1,000
etc.

I have it somewhere, and If I find it I'll edit this post

here are more numbers (not all manufacturers- including Colt, Bushmaster...but some)-with dates
HERE
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top